We have compiled resources to help people during COVID. For a list of ketamine and TMS treatment centers and their COVID operating status, please click the “Directory” tab at the top bar. Please also see our articles - “Mental Health During COVID” and “Ketamine Treatment During COVID.”
The Osmind Community is a safe space for people who have depression and/or other mental health issues. It is also a safe space for people interested in mental health care, psychedelic medicine (including ketamine, esketamine, MDMA, psilocybin, and more), brain stimulation, and other innovative treatments for mental health disorders.
This community is a forum with mutual support, positivity, empathy. Members are all deeply valued and enrich one another’s lives as we pool together our strength, perspectives, experiences, and knowledge.
We invite you to contribute your ideas, questions, and thoughts. You can ask for support when you need it, and provide support to others when they need it.
- Official Wikis and articles are written by the Osmind team and reviewed by a team of medical doctors (MDs) from top academic medical centers. We are dedicated to providing accurate, unbiased, evidence-based information in an understandable manner.
- The Collaborative Wikis are articles collectively written by Osmind Community Members like you! They provide a way for everyone to contribute their own valuable experiences and perspectives. We all benefit by coming together and sharing our knowledge. We hope you enjoy reading these and contribute your valuable thoughts as well
- The community often features special guests who join the Osmind Community to answer questions, do Ask-Me-Anythings (AMAs), and write content. These guests include esteemed researchers, physicians, advocates, authors, community-builders, and more who are passionate about mental health, psychedelic medicine, brain stimulation, and more.
If you are having an emergency, please call 911. Please note that this Community is not a resource to help you if you are having an emergency. Members of the Community care about you, but during a crisis you should contact the authorities at 911 and the emergency resources listed below instead of posting on this Community.
To create a safe space for everyone and to avoid possibly triggering content, this Community is subject to moderation. Please refrain from using language or writing content that could cause members to re-live or experience traumas. Posts about suicidal intent, self-harm, or harm to others may be removed if they could cause other members to feel unsafe or suicidal.
If you are having an emergency, please call 911.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or Live Online Chat
- Trained crisis workers are available to talk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your confidential and toll-free call goes to the nearest crisis center in the Lifeline national network. These centers provide crisis counseling and mental health referrals.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Treatment Referral Helpline, 1-877-SAMHSA7 (1-877-726-4727)
- Confidential, free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, information service, in English and Spanish, for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders. This service provides referrals to local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations. Callers can also order free publications and other information.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1- 800-799-7233
- Suicide Prevention, Awareness, and Support: www.suicide.org
- Lifeline Crisis Chat: https://www.contact-usa.org/chat.html
- Crisis Text Line: Text REASON to 741741 (free, confidential and 24/7)
- Self-Harm Hotline: 1-800-DONT CUT (1-800-366-8288)
- Family Violence Helpline: 1-800-996-6228
- Planned Parenthood Hotline: 1-800-230-PLAN (7526)
- American Association of Poison Control Centers: 1-800-222-1222
- National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependency: 1-800-622-2255
- The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386 or text “START” to 678678. Standard text messaging rates apply. Available 24/7/365. (Provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning—LGBTQ—young people under 25.)
- Veterans Crisis Line: https://www.veteranscrisisline.net
- International Suicide Prevention Directory: http://suicideprevention.wikia.com/wiki/International_Suicide_Prevention_Directory
Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.
These are not hard and fast rules, merely guidelines to aid the human judgment of our community and keep this a clean and well-lighted place for civilized public discourse. We are a community built on mutual support. We are here for one another and want to advance mental health and wellbeing for all.
This is a safe space for members to share their experiences and feelings so we can help one another. Offer support and encouragement when members share their stories in times of wellness and distress.
Members are all on different stages on their journey, one should listen to another’s story without judgment. Others may have an opinion that is different than yours; appreciate it rather than attack it.
We approach all our discussions with kindness, warmth, and assuming the best in others. Welcome new members and share advice on how to navigate the site. If you are a new member, be sure to introduce yourself- our community cannot wait to meet you!
A member should also have one account. Having multiple identities in the forum is not permitted. If you are unable to retrieve your account, please get in touch with the Osmind team rather than creating a new one.
A team of moderators have the ability to intervene when these Community Rules have been violated. They are responsible for this forum. But so are you.
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.
In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.
One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Spend time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:
- Ad hominem attacks
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
- Knee-jerk contradiction
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.
The conversations we have here set the tone for every new arrival. Help us influence the future of this community by choosing to engage in discussions that make this forum an interesting place to be — and avoiding those that do not.
Discourse provides tools that enable the community to collectively identify the best (and worst) contributions: bookmarks, likes, flags, replies, edits, and so forth. Use these tools to improve your own experience, and everyone else’s, too.
Let’s leave our community better than we found it.
Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything promoting illicit drug use.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even the appearance of any of these things. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was featured on the front page of the New York Times.
This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends.
Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies.
- Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
- Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.
You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.
This site is operated by your friendly local staff and you, the community. If you have any further questions about how things should work here, open a new topic in the site feedback category and let’s discuss! If there’s a critical or urgent issue that can’t be handled by a meta topic or flag, contact us via the staff page.
Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.
Please note that this website does not provide medical advice. The information on this website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material, is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Please consult your physician or other qualified medical professional for personalized medical advice. Never disregard or delay seeking professional medical advice or treatment because of something you have read on the Osmind website. Before taking any medications or other substances, consult a healthcare professional. Osmind does not endorse any medication, substance, or treatment.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.