AMA Weds 7/22/20: Chi, global psilocybin advocate and founder of Tripsitters

We are very excited to announce that Chi, psilocybin advocate/world traveler/man of mystery and founder of numerous psychedelic organizations such as Tripsitters, is joining as a special guest to do an AMA on Weds July 22 at 5pm PT.

Chi is a psilocybin guide, advocate, and retreat facilitator whose life is dedicated to sharing the mushroom message of love and light. He is the founder of truffles therapy, a psilocybin retreat organization that has guided hundreds of people on their psychedelic journeys. He is also the founder of Global Alliance of Psilocybin Practitioners, which provides community, training, and mentorship for guides and connects those seeking the medicine with those providing safe access. He also founded Amsterdam Psychedelic Community, tripsitters.org, and psilocybinfoundation.org. He advises and connects individuals and companies involved in the emerging psychedelic industry.

He has had the privilege to spend more than 16 months in silent retreat, including a month in dark retreat. He credits his success to his parents, his spiritual teachers, and psychedelic medicines. He bows down to all the Buddhas and bodhisattvas throughout space and time.

chi psilocybin cropped

Please post your questions here for Chi to answer by 5pm PT on Wednesday! We will be recording an interview with him and posting the video response at that time.

2 Likes

What are silent retreats and dark retreats?

Please excuse my ignorance but are psychedelics an important part of Buddhism?

This is a really basic question but what exactly are truffles?

Could you explain how underground therapy providers typically operate. Do people usually seek out underground therapists for help with specific problems or do people usually seek general assistance? What does a typical course of treatment look like? Does the therapist generally help during the journey itself or do most therapists participate only in preparation and integration? Thank you!

Hi Chi,

Thanks for doing this! How do you connect buddhism and psychedelics? Would you say that psychedelics help you with meditating?

Worldwide, could you give an idea of where most psilocybin-assisted therapy is happening? What countries/areas tend to have more robust activity, where do you see growth, what jurisdictions do you anticipate undergoing change due to regulatory and legal changes? Thank you!

1 Like

Can you discuss your perspective on how psychedelics heal? With ketamine infusions, I’ve noticed two main but differing approaches. Higher doses, which seem to last longer. And lower doses, which give people the ability to explore their issues safely and with some control. Any thoughts on this? I feel like the importance of personal experiences is poorly researched and understood in clinical settings.

1 Like

Hi Chi , Thanks for taking this time. I have 3 Questions please answer which ever one you like.

1.)It seems that at the moment pscilocybin therapy is considered a one shot treatment where people attend a retreat or volunteer on a study. Do you think we will begin to see a model evolving where Pscilocybin therapy is used on something like a once a month over a year type schedule alongside more regular traditional psychotherapy/counselling in order to help people to process things such as complicated grief or significant trauma?

2)From your experiences helping people using Pscilocybin could you comment on how Pscilocybin helps the physical body to unlock trauma stored in the musculature ?

3)Could you comment on what you believe are the most effective dosages for Truffles and Mushrooms for therapeutic outcomes?

Thanks ,
Jim

I am going back to college to become a psychologist, hoping to work in psychedelic therapy. Do you have any advice on what steps I should be taking to become a psychedelic therapist? Any specific programs or volunteer opportunities you can recommend? Thank you so much!

Thank you for your participation Chi. I am so grateful for the opportunity to ask for advice from someone with so much knowledge on psilocybin therapy as you have.

Please feel free to answer what you are able to and ignore the rest!

I’m occasionally suffering bouts of depression from focusing too much on the negative. Gratitude practice definitely helps but mostly preventatively. I also suspect havingsome form of Asperger’s. Since learning about psilocybin I’ve known that I need to make use of this fantastic tool. I’ve got some liberty caps at home but I haven’t got access to a tripsitter.

So I’m wondering if you might have any thoughts or advice on letting someone close to you do the tripsitting? If you got any advice or any resources you can share on how to tripsit that would be greatly appreciated. Any dosage advice would be appreciated too.

1. Do you have any thoughts on tripping without a sitter? Any benefits for depression and if so any thoughts on how to prepare yourself for a beneficial outcome?

2. Do you have any advice on microdosing psilocybin for depression and thoughts on dosage+frequency?

Thanks very much for any advice you’re able to provide. Many blessings!

What was your biggest takeaway from the dark retreat?

What does a good trip sitter look like?

“What does a good trip sitter look like?”

humble, soft, gentle, generous, compassionate, loving, caring, service-oriented, grounded, present.

someone who has significant personal experience with the medicine and knows how to deal with challenging situations with a calm heart and mind.

friend, nurse, listener, grandmother, teacher, babysitter, parental figure – these are the types of vibes a tripsitter may embody at one time or another.

“What was your biggest takeaway from the dark retreat?”

i’m lazy and undisciplined. i like lying around and imagining better places to be. the mind is wild and untamed. karma is infinite.

1 Like
  1. I’m occasionally suffering bouts of depression from focusing too much on the negative. Gratitude practice definitely helps but mostly preventatively. I also suspect having some form of Asperger’s. Since learning about psilocybin I’ve known that I need to make use of this fantastic tool. I’ve got some liberty caps at home but I haven’t got access to a tripsitter.
    So I’m wondering if you might have any thoughts or advice on letting someone close to you do the tripsitting? If you got any advice or any resources you can share on how to tripsit that would be greatly appreciated. Any dosage advice would be appreciated too.

C: I’m happy you have medicine! My favorite tripsitter is my partner Leti; she has seen the ups and downs and understands me inside out. She has practice being nonreactive to anything I say or do during the journey.

It’s really up to you. Follow your gut. If you trust the person close to you and he or she has had experience with the medicine, then I think this is probably the most accessible option. Starting out with microdosing or low doses can help you feel into the type of setting and sitter you want to work with.

There are many resources out there on how to tripsit.

This Doubleblind article may be a good start.

This tripsafe one as well.

As a tripsitter: Do as little as possible. Send love. Safety first always. Be present. Listen.

1. Do you have any thoughts on tripping without a sitter? Any benefits for depression and if so any thoughts on how to prepare yourself for a beneficial outcome?

C: If you are asking this question, you most likely want a sitter with you. Without a sitter, you probably want to start on the smaller side to be safe. I’ve seen, with serious preparation and integration, many people become happier. But I would expect patterns to come back sooner or later. The lower your expectations, the more content you will be. And plan on having a series of journeys, instead of just one. Sometimes the mind’s deep grooves need some time and attention to smooth out. Integration is important. Community, healthy diet, regular exercise, time in nature are all important aspects of being happy. Focus on everything around the medicine and the magic will be able to work more effectively and naturally.

This document may be a good start for preparation:

1. Do you have any advice on microdosing psilocybin for depression and thoughts on dosage+frequency?

C: I highly encourage you to experiment and follow your intuition. Start small. Depends on strain, but sometimes .05g or .07g can be enough. Others may need .15g or .2g to get desired effects. Usually start with 2-4 days on and evaluate how you feel. It’s good to take 1-3 days off once in a while to let the tolerance dissipate. Of course, feel free to look into Fadiman or Stamets protocols for a more scientific, stringent regimen.

Lots of love, and feel free to reach out anytime.

I was probably a bit too radical in my video answer, which is coming.

There are lots of great training programs out there.

This document may be a good exploration tool:

This is a good article.

It’s good to learn about trauma, psychological patterns, and some of the various maps about spiritual awakening.

Above all, stay close to the medicine, listen to it and follow its guidance. When we surrender to the medicine, it seems to initiate us and teach us lessons we cannot learn in school or from books.