Announcing: The Ketamine Taskforce for Access to Safe Care and Insurance Coverage

We (Osmind) are so excited to announce the launch of The Ketamine Taskforce for Access to Safe Care and Insurance Coverage! We are honored to be the tech partner for this cause, helping to collect anonymized, aggregated real-world efficacy data from ketamine practices and patients to back the Taskforce’s efforts to obtain Medicare coverage of ketamine.

As everyone here knows, ketamine has an estimated 50%+ efficacy rate for treatment-resistant mental health patients and high efficacy for pain patients, but access is limited because insurance companies typically do not cover it. We really want to help to do whatever we can for this cause. Medicare coverage heavily influences private insurance coverage decisions.

First up: getting Medicare to approve ketamine for CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome), next, mental health!

We would love for you to contribute!!! We are working with the following providers, so please make sure to reach out to them. If your provider is not on this list, please let us know:
Scenic City Neuropathy
Lighthouse Infusions
Renew Infusions
Quad Cities Ketamine
Boulder Mind Care
Wyoming Wellness Center
Exodus Health
Synergy Medical
Avesta Wellness
Advanced Wellness and Pain
Ketamine Clinic of Idaho
Focused Infusion Therapy

You can find out more here.
https://www.ketaminetaskforce.com/

10 Likes

You can add the Minnesota Ketamine and Wellness Institute to that list, Lucia.

2 Likes

Serene Minds…Newark, DE
Baltimore Ketamine Clinic…Sparks, MD
Jim :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you guys!!! unfortunately those providers haven’t officially volunteered, so definitely nudge them to do so :wink:

2 Likes

Nudge given, Lucia. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Lucia…it might be better if an email maybe came from you guys...info@baltimoreketamineclinic.com
Ivana is the Nurse Anesthetist/Owner…

2 Likes

Summit Ketamine Innovations in Parker Colorado! Fantastic! I feel normal today! I love my clinic and Dr! The staff is great too!

I am solving insurance problems today. I finally got some good news on my special authorization! I actually got some claim checks from Humana! I am on hold with Medicade right now. It’s a full time job to get reimbursement!

2 Likes

Is this what Space Force was supposed to be? Hearing a lot of talk, still can’t afford my infusions tho.

2 Likes

I am finally receiving some reimbursement from Humana. It has been one hell of a fight. Supposedly my ketamine clinic works with Medicare and Medicaid so I am hoping to receive the rest of my money that way. The insurance thing is a freaking nightmare. Most companies don’t accept our electronic submissions yet. I have had to email and fax everything on top of doing the osmind app. I’ve had to become my own fiduciary because there is not much help. Other than politics; it is the most counterproductive thing to my mental health! You talk about being pissed off! This treatment is very expensive! There is no drug on the planet that can fix the feeling of being cheated about money! it is such a struggle for so many of us! The good thing is I don’t get physically depressed now! Just mentally. However I have been pretty pissed off recently. I think without my ketamine therapy I would’ve went off the deep end. Are the rest of you having as much difficulty?

3 Likes

Let’s see if they actually do something to help us all…

Hey SavetheBeetle!!!
It makes me SO ANGRY…Ketamine is a proven effective medicine that is SAVING LIVES!!! And then the FDA goes and approves esketamine which my Dr says is the same Ketamine!!!

3 Likes

Wow, good for you though, that’s awesome you manage to get something. Physical manifestation of depression is most disabling, I imagine the mental relief will follow soon.

1 Like

It is been my hard work that got it done, so it is something I feel good about!

5 Likes

I’ve been receiving ketamine infusions for about a year for depression from Serenity Health in Louisville, KY. The past ~6 months have been paired with Osmind mood rating/monitoring, so I definitely think my provider would be interested in contributing to this task force’s set of data results. The clinic is headed by APRN Bethann Nevius and anaesthetist Kit Nevius. Contact: afable@serenityhealthky.com

2 Likes

Update.

I am handling all the insurance stuff. My ketamine clinic will not deal with Medicaid. Fortunately Humana will accept paperwork from me.
It would be really nice if we could get insurance to recognize this medication. It took months to get to here. Not fun.

1 Like

Any progress with Medicaid? I have no insurance and I’m in the “medically needy” program with Medicaid- I don’t even know where to start. I can’t afford treatments anymore, though. I had 7 and the effects aren’t lasting like they do with many others. I’m sinking and don’t know what to do. Thanks.

1 Like

Omg wonderful!! Please invite NY Ketamine Infusions!!! Please please please!!! Especially since Dr. Brooks is a top expert in ketamine therapy. There r ppl who switched ketamine clinics because he was better able to tailor their treatment successfully. The man is talented and kind and absolutely knowledgeable on so many levels. I can’t imagine this happening with fully accurate data without him.

2 Likes

Please add The Center for Holistic Healthcare as a Ketamine provider

1 Like

Please add Summit Ketamine Innovations here in Colorado! Dr Coakley is amazing! Overall I feel so much better than I did for so many years!

1 Like