Apologies

I think I have said most of this before, probably spread out over several topics, but I’ll put it out here again.

I worked 17 years in hospitals, not directly in, but in support of the OR. I have seen everybody and their Grandmother butt naked and split open from a**shole to appetite. And, while there are some oldsters that would still call me a Kid, I consider myself verging on Old Guy.

I have no filters. If you ask me how I am, I’ll tell you. Working in a cancer hospital, I learned not to ask that question.

I truly don’t set out to offend people. I often think that I do offend, because I just don’t know how to behave. When you are at work, the phone rings and they start screaming that they need a set of left-handed clamps because someone is shitting themselves to death, you don’t argue about verbiage. You just send them the instruments and laugh about it if they survive, cry if they don’t.

That is a big reason that this is my my only social media.

That isn’t why I am here. That never seemed like trauma (to me) when it was happening. That was just what I did. There are a couple of incidents that still bother me, but I still wouldn’t call it trauma (OK, maybe one of them). I have not been in the military (Thank You to those that have), but I suspect it is a similar situation. You do what you do. When the shit hits the fan (seriously, people will die if you don’t have your shit together. I recall a phone call of “We need this shit 5 minutes ago!” And we ran like bats out of hell. Just as we were shoving the cart onto the elevator, the call came back “Never Mind.”) you still do what you do.

I am not trying to make excuses for myself. If I step on your toes, please don’t hesitate to call me on it.

If I want to get into a verbal confrontation, I will do it in person. I have only been in 1 fight in my entire life (56 years) and I stood by my pacifist principles (raised with MLK and Gandhi as heroes) and let them beat the shit out of me. I won’t snipe online.

3 Likes

There’s an old expression that I think came from my parent’s generation: “Say what you mean and mean what you say.”

Personally, I see no need for an apology. I don’t see being forthright as a sin.

1 Like

True, that. But tact has never been high on my list of strengths, either.

1 Like

I appreciate your honesty.

1 Like

All good with me brother! Thanks for looking out for other people’s feelings and being honest!

Again I appreciate it!