Blood pressure really high during infusion?

Has anyone else had their blood pressure get scary high during infusions. Just to clarify I wasn’t stressed at all when it happened I was relaxed and enjoying the experience.
I feel I need a booster but I’m worried about this.

1 Like

When I had my infusions, they always checked my blood pressure first. About half of the time it was high enough that they gave me some fast acting medication to lower blood pressure before the infusion (I don’t recall what it was). They also had me hooked up to a blood pressure monitor the entire time. It is definitely a danger, if your infusion place isn’t concerned about and monitoring blood pressure you might want to consider finding another provider.

Since I’ve been taking troches at home I take propranolol about 1 hour before my dose. I already had it prescribed for anxiety, it lowers my systolic blood pressure about 20 points, which is enough to keep it in the safe range.

1 Like

Thank you for the information! Very helpful!

Mine is always through the roof then up and down throughout the infusion. Otherwise my BP is perfect

1 Like

My blood pressure, which is normally close to perfect, spiked. But, my nurse kept a close eye on it the entire time and said it was normal and expected.

1 Like

Hey there,
Nurse here. As you probably already know- it’s pretty common for Ketamine to increase your blood pressure during the infusion and even shortly after. I personally have low blood pressure and run 90’s/60’s without any issues. Ketamine infusions have increased my BP to 200/100’s so my CRNA has me take Clonidine (antihypertensive and sedative) 15 minutes before the infusion and my blood pressures have been fine ever since. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you for responding. Just good to know I’m not alone in this