Booster after loss

Hey! I’m new to ketamine And had my 6 initial infusions then a booster a few days ago. Today I received news of my sister dying from overdose. What is experience or advice on boosters after a loss?

2 Likes

Your situation is very close to my own last September, but in my case it was my daughter who died of an overdose. We had been estranged for years, and I found the infusion two weeks later to be a valuable aid. It helped me to process my feelings for her after her death.

2 Likes

Sincere condolences for your loss. I wish you comfort in your grief and peace in your memories. :blue_heart:

1 Like

@Mle2180 First, I’m so sorry for your loss. That’s heartbreaking. Sending love and healing to you and your family. :broken_heart: Second, I recently lost a close friend to Covid and had an infusion within a day or two. To be honest, I’ve found that it didn’t impact me one way or the other during the infusion because my brain is so occupied by it’s journey, I don’t think about people. I’ve kind of trained myself to live in the moment of the infusion and leave everything behind- I guess my point is, it depends on how your other infusions have been. Do you think about your problems and sadnesses/traumas during or do you intentionally shut off like I do? My time in the chair is a vacation to me and I was able to set aside my grief, which was immensely relieving.

So sorry for your loss. It is truly a battle. I lost my son last August. The worst day of my life. I have been doing Ketamine for 2 years for various mental illnesses & an attempted suicide. To deal with the grief of my son I redid the 6 infusions in 2 weeks in April. I had a booster 4-5 weeks ago, but I’m still struggling every single day. I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel, because honestly most days I want to join him. I wish you well & hope Ketamine helps you to grieve and come to some understanding of your loss. Not sure there is, but maybe able to accept it. I still can’t. I’m so so angry.

You might want to ask your doctor about troches if you Don’t already have them.
I would just try to be in the best state of mind possible. I know anti anxiety meds take away some of the effect, but you might want to see if they can give you a mild dose beforehand if you are worried.