Compounded ketamine nasal first experience

I’m new here guys, thanks to my provider after #7 IM injections I just tried the at home compound nasal spray 100mg so 5 sprays each nostril every 3 days my fist experience idk just didn’t do anything besides making me feel like I snorted sea water not sure if nasal is right for me any help or insight would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

@Chadrick Welcome! I too have had 7 IM injections. In between my injections I am doing quick dissolving lozenges. Even though I am prescribed 1-2 times/week, I only do them once a week as I take a pretty strong dose and it is difficult to work the next day. I do a dose on a Friday or Saturday night. I find the fast dissolving lozenges (although have a horrible taste) have helped me maintain the work of the Ketamine. The lozenges are not as strong as the IM injections however, I do go on a pretty extensive trip. Wishing you the best.

3 Likes

Thank you! I just emailed my dr and asked if I could come in for an injection and talk about switching to the Lozenges, what dose do you do at the clinic vs the oral at home?

2 Likes

@Chadrick My IM injection is 130 mg and I have the option of taking 100-400 mg of the fast dissolving lozenges. A warning; if you chose to do 400 mg of the lozenges make sure someone is with you. It is not as intense as an IM injection however it is intense and does send you (or me, you may be different) on a significant trip. I have read posts on this site where people talk about using a lozenge or trouch to take the edge off. The dosage I take is definitely about continuing the therapeutic work of the Ketamine. I follow up with my integration therapist after each home lozenge session. Hope this info helps. Take care.

3 Likes

Troches are way better from what I have been told. I do 275 mg. It’s strong enough to do good decent work at home. You certainly get the effects. It won’t be as intense as an infusion. It really does seem to boost the good emotional effects of the infusion. I am going to talk to my doctor about 300 mg. I think a little bit more could take me deeper.

1 Like

Thank you guys so much I scheduled another IM injection for tomorrow, I’ll bring this up to him :slight_smile: I really appreciate the help and insight happy Monday

1 Like

I hope it goes well for you and you get it figured out!

1 Like

Also Chadrick remember ketamine is by weight, so if you are a little person it will be less. A bigger person will have to take more.

1 Like

Hey guys thanks for the response about the nasal spray :slightly_smiling_face: but after talking to the pharmacy and my provider they decided on the 150mg ODT I just got it today and plan on doing my first dose in a few hours tho I’m kinda nervous the dr has sit with me for every one of my infusions/ IM injections any good at home tips? Have my eye mask ready, air pods, soft blanket…

2 Likes

So how did it go, @Chadrick?

Great I prefer the ODT over the nasal spray it seems stronger and more intense, it was a very relaxing smooth experience:)

1 Like

What exactly is/are ODT?

1 Like

Oral disintegrating tablet

2 Likes

Oh I did get a lil nausea but my provider is going to call in some zofran

@Chadrick, that’s what I have (400 mg). 400 is a bit much - it leaves me out of it for too long, and takes about six hours for the aftershocks to die down. The second time it was 200, which was okay, but the next time I tried 200 it was a bit light, and I don’t know what the difference was.

1 Like

Just be aware you will be out of it for a while. It’s not as severe as getting an infusion. If you are nervous just have someone check on you. I find being able to use ketamine at home very beneficial to my mood.

2 Likes

The most important thing in psychedelic journey is the set, setting and purpose. I have yet to start my ketamine treatments, my initial is in a week. I have taken 15 ayahuasca trips thru the traditional ceremony. 3 of those has been focused on me. The remaining had been as a guide for someone else. I just happen to find it more therapeutic for me to focus on helping someone else. Most will get the fear as I call it during any psychedelic experience and this is a necessary component to healing. It’s all about accepting the unknown and letting go completely. This is referred to as ego death. So remember have a clear intention and if you can have someone there to remind you of it as you dissociate from your conscience mind. You have to go with it. No matter what happens you will survive as long as you follow the dosing rules.

2 Likes