Cost of troches

Hello All-
I’ve been prescribed troches for in between infusions. I got them from a compounding pharmacy in Iowa that my nurse anesthetist called them into. The cost was 85$ for four troches. I’ve seen here on the Osmind feed where folks have gotten them at a more reasonable price. Maybe mail order? Any ideas offered will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Peace to all!

2 Likes

That’s way higher than mine. I think I paid under $60. My pharmacy delivers to a number of states. They are called Medsavers in Austin, TX. Give them a call. Not sure if you’re actually in Iowa or not but they have a license in a number of states and said they could look into certifying in more (but some states simply don’t allow it).

How many mg are yours? Mine are 100mg

1 Like

Mine are 50mg. I’ll check into the mail order. Thanks for your response!

1 Like

Any prices or compounding pharmacy recommendations for Nashville, TN? Are these once a week or daily? Who prescribes them? Infusion clinic provider or psychiatrist? My psychiatrist would not because he has not.

1 Like

ITC compounding Pharmacy in Castle Rock Colorado. They do mail order; and are less expensive than the $80 you are paying.
1-888-349-5453 or 303-663-4224
Please tell them I referred you. I hope that helps!

1 Like

My ketamine doctor writes the script.

1 Like

I have emailed several places. I was quoted $100 for 30 100 mg. Does this match your order? Thanks

I found 30 troches for $70 at one of the local compounding pharmacies, Nashville, TN. 100 mg each. I’m just doing 3 a week. Do you think the ketamine is going weak in them or am I growing a tolerance? They used to last 60 minutes but now lucky if 20 minutes.

1 Like

You do get more physically used to ketamine and get a little bit of a tolerance for it. You can talk to your doctor about your dose.

EMPOWER pharmacy in Houston, TX. I get mine for like $100 for 30ea 100 mg troches. They are in a package that looks like the cough drops Sucrets. I take 2 per session. I was doing twice a week at one point, but work doesn’t normally allow for more than once since the Real estate market is crazy here. $80 for 4 is insane unless it’s for 4 packs of ten.

Twice a week. I don’t know how anyone can do daily. I’m pretty good at letting go for the most part. Troches take me out of commission more than infusions. I liken it to a sprint vs a marathon. With infusions I feel like I’m on a space shuttle to the moon. I rarely get a lot or intel as to my psyche at least I don’t remember it all. It basically resets me. The troches bring up more insight into past trauma or current tressors. Things I knew bothered me, but I thought I had let go, but never really did. I think Ketamine is like a trippy voyage into your subconscious. I feel like the visuals and music are just a distraction to your mind so you can actually truly ponder your life and/or past experiences.

1 Like