Covid?

Hi everyone I hope people are doing well. I was just curious how people have been doing during all this covid stuff. I’ve been stuck at home and can’t go anywhere and am getting quite antsy, trying to stay positive. It gets lonely sometimes. I guess just wanted to say hi generally and hope everyone is ok during these absurd times

5 Likes

I definitely feel that too. It definitely gets lonely. I’m also romantically lonely and don’t know how to fix that. Trying to focus on my mental health overall for now and hope that helps me later on
But I’ve tried reaching out to some friends who I haven’t talked to recently and found people are more willing to connect online during the Covid situation. Maybe that might help? :slight_smile: Hope you’re doing ok @gaara!

1 Like

We’ve relocated to a different state, temporarily, so I miss seeing my friends in real life, for sure. I’m lucky enough to be getting my ketamine through the mail and not to have to worry about money (yet), so I’ve been using my time to study & learn & muse. Introverts are likely finding this easier than others. Wishing you all the best!

3 Likes

@30yrsin glad that you are studying and learning :slight_smile: This is definitely a good time to catch up on work and reading and thinking and finding some peacefulness for those of us who are lucky enough to be in that position. Any recommended books? I am having a sudden urge to read some good old American literature. Never got a chance to read Faulker so might use the current times as a good excuse to finally get to that :wink:

1 Like

Wishing you the best too! Glad you are able to connect with friends - I too have seen this situation can be used to connect with people we have fallen out of touch with. Great point.

1 Like

Personally, I’ve been going down the psychedelic reading rabbit hole.

• How to Change Your Mind - Michael Pollan

• Be Here Now (re-read) & the companionships journal I Am Here Now

In my poor to read are also:

• Food of the Gods - Terence McKenna

• The Psychedelic Experience - Timothy Leary

Also just finished “She’s Come Undone” and “Salt to the Sea” in traditional books. Both quite good!!

2 Likes

We are in this together @gaara! It can be very hard to accommodate ourselves with these unique situations.
Have you tried volunteering online? I’m sure your talent is needed :slight_smile: it’ll keep you busy, network with new people and undoubtedly put a much-needed smile on someone.

Check out these pages:

1. https://www.volunteermatch.org/
  2. Mental Health During COVID
1 Like