*crickets*

Yumpin’ yiminy, this place is dead.

“How dead is it, Sojo?

It’s so dead that the night clubs double as funeral parlors.

Ba da bing…sheesh. Come on, people.

2 Likes

I know REALLY!!! LOL I’m always checking in…this app gives me so much support!!! I’ve asked the Osmind Team if we could have a chat room on the app…

4 Likes

Halloooooo!!! (Seinfeld fans, anyone?) :wink:

I’m new here! Feel free to stir things up!

I’m a ketamine patient; I’ve had like 4 infusions now.
Nice to “meet” y’all!

4 Likes

Hi, Juliawww. Welcome to the only online forum I’m aware of where all of the participants are by definition dysfunctional, with the possible exception of a couple of medical students and the Osmind facilitators, but I’m not sure about them, either. :wink:

6 Likes

That was funny Sojourner…:rofl:

1 Like

I can’t help it, Jim. There’s a part of me that can’t help but see clearly what’s going on around me - kind of a Cassandra complex - and if that doesn’t depress someone, then they just ain’t paying attention.

2 Likes

Haha hi Sojourner!

Yes I guess so… I am in more than one “clubs where nobody wants to be a member!”

You guys seem to have a sense of humor so I hope we can all embrace it and use it to help us move forward!

Sending “pink light” to all,

Julia I

2 Likes

Lol Sojourner! Well I come from a dysfunctional family - suspect there are a lot of ‘em out there.

Ran across an interesting quote in “Ask Amy” yesterday… (I read all the WaPo advice columns when I can):

She replied: “ Lovelorn: I seem to remember an advertisement from back in the day that used this catchphrase: “Normal is what’s normal for you.” “

However this lady was clearly in an unhappy marriage and she counseled her thusly.

Happy New Year, all! :slight_smile:

Julia

AMEN Sojo…lately I just put on my headphones and listen to music that I love…shuts it ALL OUT!!!

1 Like

Hi Juliawww & WELCOME!
I know I came from a very loving home, but dysfunctional family…functional alcoholic father, etc. Are all families dysfunctional…guess at varying levels???

2 Likes

Yeah, boy…we put the FUN in dysfunctional in my family. NOT!!

1 Like

I’m with you on the music, Jim. Not much into headphones though, for anything other than infusions…

1 Like

Nice speakers there…headphones just seem to help me escape more lol

1 Like

Headphones are better for isolating from all outside stimuli. Over time, I’ve found that’s probably not a good road for me. Besides, a well set up system provides a far more realistic soundstage. But it’s really not good for me to retreat into the headphones. Don’t ask me how I know that… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve been using headphones more since the infusions hoping it will take me back to the K experience and my wife isn’t a fan of loud music…and for me the louder the better!!!:rofl:

1 Like

Aaand we’re back to crickets again…

1 Like

I’m out here buddy… :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Peace!

1 Like

Lol! I know what u mean!

Oh, alcoholic dad too? Unfortunately mine was only functional before I was born up to the time about two years after. Haha!

Yes some of the family “D” dribbled down to me.
(Rec: “The Big D” by Gary Gulman, stand up)

No, seriously, I am very sorry to hear about your dad. A lot of alcoholics out there, esp in that generation.

Had my infusion today… was fun! But if I told you what happened over the weekend that would sound horrible…

Hey Julia…think I missed ur last reply…what happened…only if u wanna share. ; )

1 Like