*crickets*

You guys!! i’m so sorry! there is some auto-flagging on this forum that I’m trying to figure out how to remove. Very very sorry about that! Trying to fix it soon

5 Likes

I second what @Sojourner wrote! Wishing you and your son healthy peace.

5 Likes

I’ve been at the suicidal end of it all. Traditional drugs just don’t cut it. I feel your son would greatly benefit from Ketamine, and thank you for it when it’s all said and done.

5 Likes

Everyone on my mother’s side is a Scientologist fml. My dad can bring anything back to Scientology very similar to the 7 degrees from Kevin Bacon game. The people who are having a nice family experience I believe to be the outliers unfortunately. All of us pained tragedies are the normal ones.

2 Likes

My therapist said this to me once, and I doubt that I’ll ever forget it: “We all damage our children. There are no exceptions.”

2 Likes

Hmmmm Sojo…probably accurate but sad. :beers:lol

2 Likes

Hi. You had shared a link to like a group therapy thing online. I can’t find it could you share it again please? Thanks.

2 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear about your son. I want my son to experience this as well. He’s only 15 right now, but his mom is out of the picture and I know this brings up painful trauma people hide away. I know he’s too young, but does anyone know the age appropriate time? My provider said unless it’s an actively suicidal case he doesn’t recommend it. He’s on antidepressants now and they seem to be working a little for him. My fear is there anti depressants sometimes stop working or never work. I want him to face his feelings of abandonment that he has and face it instead of putting a band aid with an antidepressant. I’m assuming 18 years Old, but I’ve also heard older.

2 Likes

Hi fpeot! I’m so sorry your son is having a hard time. Glad u got him meds, tho.

Does he seem to be better on the meds? Then maybe he doesn’t need ket… yet, anyway.

One thing I can recommend as a mom who has read a lot about mental health stuff, suicide, etc… they say it’s better to read their journals when they’re not looking. Had the mom of Columbine shooter Dylan Klebold
Read her son’s, after it all happened, she said she felt she may have been able to stop it.

I just peek at his planner every so often. He is a mastery wrapped in an enigma to me.

He’s had 3 infusions so far. I didn’t see much change after the last 2, but I guess we should not give up so easily.

Hugs to all!

3 Likes

Hi fpeot…I replied via ur email reply i received. Just in case u didn’t receive thru osmind email…it’s NAMI(National Assoc of Mental Illness. Let me know if u have any other questions… Jim

1 Like

Sought help after a Manic Episode that was most easily identified as forgetting all my passwords. Looking for new, healthy ways to organize my mind, cleaning my room only goes so far. Any Ideas?

1 Like

Now that I am feeling better I am reading again! There are some really good books! I think reading helps us. You have to use your imagination to make the story real in your mind. I know this will sound a little strange but work at thinking. Also meditation and then every two weeks I talk to a counselor. #focused

3 Likes

Science fiction fan, STVDB? Have I got some goodies for you…

2 Likes

Andre Norton was ahead of her time. Awesome Sience fiction! I picked up a lot of nine of her books on eBay for 20 bucks! “Star Man’s Son” is a stand out!

Will check them out. For you:
Ender’s Game, Orson Scott Card. The whole series is good. Personally, I think Ender’s Game, Ender’s Shadow, and Speaker for the Dead are standouts.
Stranger in a Strange Land is a staple, by Robert Heilein, as is Methuselah’s Children.
The Mote in God’s Eye by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle is excellent.

When you finish with those, I have more. :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome!!!
Do you write? You can always use your Google voice and make notes too. I know writing things down regardless if you are thinking of anything. If you let your subconscious mind come in it’s interesting to realize what you really may be thinking. I usually don’t go back and reread what I have written (I have tons of half started journals) but in that moment it helps me clear my head.
I’m not organized at all and use my phones calendar, and 100% use the “notes” in my phone app as well.

3 Likes

Hahahahaha!!! Omg this is hysterical!! I love this post :rofl:

1 Like

Wow gorgeous!!!

Yay!! Debugging!!!

1 Like

Ummm idk… I caught my narcissist mom doing this journal violation when I was a kid and I EXPLODED… among other things she’s done… Privacy violation and being overbearing and micromanaging, using information to be hurtful and twisting the truth were her specialties…got journals with locks for a long time after… She’s calmed down more recently but that’s probably because my husband got in her face about ketamine being expensive and he was going to start taking it out of her rent if she kept doing things to me… Sorry, I guess trigger auto activated memories and thoughts. Maybe u r right… It’s a tough call.

1 Like