During your infusions; do you close your eyes?

I love the world in my imagination. If I didn’t close my eyes, I wouldn’t get to go on the vacation. How do you all feel about this? Do any of you do your infusions, and keep your eyes open?

Always closed for me…

2 Likes

I kept them open once for the entire infusion, just to evaluate the entire experience…that was the second or third infusion, I think. As I recall it was the fourth infusion that I couldn’t really tell if they were open or not. That was kinda crazy.

2 Likes

I close my eyes to get the full experience of going deeper into my subconscious thoughts or what I believe to be a problem solving part of my brain uninterrupted.

2 Likes

I actually wear an eye mask to ensure a internal journey. Of course about two times a session I lift the mask and make sure I’m still in the room…you know what I mean?

4 Likes

I BET…I’d like that dosage!!!:crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

Welcome Kim!!!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m still trying to find my way around.

1 Like

I like the eye mask idea! You can always open your eyes if you need to. It is definitely way better with your eyes closed. Thank you all for responding! I tell folks that ketamine is not scary because you can open your eyes if needed.

I have always kept my eyes open. Maybe I’ll try closing them

1 Like

I think it will be a more enjoyable and visual experience for you. I really get to see some amazing things during my infusions. The imagination is a wonderful place.

Welcome to the group. There are a bunch of supportive people here. Anything we can do to help each other is cool! Peace!

1 Like

Always open for me. I like to watch the visuals. Also, I’m afraid I’ll fall asleep if I close my eyes and these sessions cost too much to waste.

1 Like

Interesting. I have only fallen asleep one time. I definitely agree that you want to be awake and enjoy the experience!

1 Like

Interesting. I can’t imagine falling asleep during an infusion. Except for one time where I made a point of keeping my eyes open for the entire infusion, I keep them closed to prevent external reality from impinging on the inner screen. Different strokes, as the saying goes. :grin:

2 Likes

Imagination is where I want to be! I feel asleep because I have insomnia. Was super tired from no sleep.