Expansion of awareness (long)

@Khashayar recently posted an excellent response to a question of mine about listening to Sacred Acoustics during an infusion: Sacred Acoustics during an infusion?

The study he cited raised some additional questions for me that I thought warranted a new post.

The purpose of this website is and should be to support the constructive use of ketamine and to a lesser extent other psychedelic substances for the benefit of those struggling with depression and other mental health issues. For those of us actually undergoing infusions, however, Is there any reason why we shouldn’t seek to use these experiences to expand our awareness of Ultimate Reality if that pursuit interests us? I’ve long been a student of human consciousness, and the various forms by which it’s manipulated via things such as mysticism, shamanism and the like. The higher perspective gained could be greatly helpful in improving our mental states.

So how could this increased focus and manipulation of the experience be attained? Sacred Acoustics uses binaural beat technology to manipulate brain wave frequency, which may be one way, but are there other, perhaps more (or less) effective ways to achieve a given end of the expansion of awareness? Or is it even advisable?

What say you?

1 Like

I think the “higher perspective” that can be attained through ketamine treatment and other psychedelic use is definitely one of the biggest benefits! I don’t think there’s any reason we shouldn’t seek out these experiences – have you felt like people have said otherwise? I’m not a medial professional, but have found that aspect of the experience to be one of the reasons it can be so liberating and beneficial in terms of mental health.

@Margaret, there was a time in my memory where an experience of the transcendent was regarded as a psychotic episode. Frankly, I’m surprised it’s not illegal, although damned if know how you’d prosecute it. One thing is, in my mind sure - If ever you’ve experienced it, the rest of your life will be spent trying to figure out how to get back there, but not everyone remembers.

I think the way that society and the medical institutions have made “higher perspective” and “Ultimate Reality” taboo/illegal/seem abnormal is really damaging. I know in medicine specifically there has always been a tension, especially when it comes to mental health, about what actually is “normal” or not, what is acceptable or not

To the question

For those of us actually undergoing infusions, however, Is there any reason why we shouldn’t seek to use these experiences to expand our awareness of Ultimate Reality if that pursuit interests us?

I see no reason why not, but personally since I am not experienced in this area I would need some trusted guides before I felt comfortable going down this path. I hope one day this sort of experience can be seen as a subspecialty within therapy or psychiatry since I do think it can offer tremendous healing and wellbeing. Then it would be easy to learn about the best way to approach it, pros and cons, safety, etc.