FB group

I went on the Facebook page for ketamine. Got the link from a nice person here on osmind. Everyone has always been very supportive here and in the forums here. I was attacked over vaccines. I wear a mask. I believe in science. I was going to leave the group. Instead I reported them. So they kicked me out. Do you feel that it’s appropriate to be laughed in a ketamine support group? I would never let someone talk to me like that in person. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::-1: if they can’t take the vaccine for medical reasons I get it. To rain on my Parade is what I don’t understand! I said I was going to get my vaccine and they laughed at me. I believe the moderators are letting politics into the group. It’s not a safe place. I am very disappointed.

4 Likes

Well… frankly I think it’s just indicative of what has happened to Facebook in particular and social media in general. I’m so sorry this happened to you. No, you certainly should not be belittled or treated in a disrespectful manner. Thank goodness for the community here at Osmind.

5 Likes

I’m sorry that happened to you, I think it’s just the overall atmosphere of Facebook. It doesn’t matter how your beliefs are aligned if you share them someone will attack you. And you’re right we wouldn’t allow people to speak to us like that in person, but that’s why they’re doing it on Facebook because they wouldn’t be brave enough to say those things to your face. For some reason people think on Facebook rules of etiquette and respect to do not apply because of the anonymity.

5 Likes

I realize this is an old post. The “FB Group” topic showed up at the bottom as I was reading recent threads. I felt the need to comment on this.

I too received a link (not here) and joined. Answered the required questions and was approved. When I went to check it out after approval, I found that the pinned topics and overall vibe there was unfriendly. Maybe not users, but from the admins. I didn’t get through everything and ended up un-joining pretty quickly as I found it intimidating. Also, the need for personal information such as personal contact to be too much. I have a good support system in place and don’t feel obligated to jump through Facebook admin hoops to simply be a member of a group.

That being said, I’m sorry about your experience. That’s the kind of situation that I vibed before getting involved.

Although I’m fairly new to Osmind, I’m thankful for the supportive and friendly atmosphere here. We’re all going through something challenging to have landed here and finding a community that does not have a “social media atmosphere” is refreshing and rare. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

There are several FB groups for Ketamine support. I’ve found one that has been extremely helpful and very informative. One of the admins/moderators is very knowledgeable and attends many different conferences to relay the latest info. They do ask for a lot of info and have strict rules about posts but that is because they are trying to keep the group going and not get shut down by FB. That being said some people do make comments that are unhelpful and can be considered mean. But I’ve gotten so much useful info from the group I just try to ignore any negative comments.

@SavetheVWBeetle sorry to hear you had such a negative experience with the FB group you joined. I’m amazed how thoughtless some can be with their comments. Especially in groups where everyone is struggling to just get by you would think they would know better.

3 Likes

I didn’t think to look for other groups outside of the one that had a link. Good to know… I’ll do a search.

1 Like

Really? I’ve searched and not found one! I was hoping to find some other places to read experiences and stuff, not that this isn’t helpful, and Facebook search yielded nothing. If you have any group names please share!

1 Like

@Bex
https://www.facebook.com/groups/781893918621316/?ref=share

One of the issues on FB is they don’t like the word Ketamine. Heavy use of the word is flagged because FB is concerned about people promoting recreational use of the drug. So if you just search for Ketamine you will likely get no results. I think I found this group searching “treatment resistant depression” and found it based on the word “treatment”. This group does have strict rules about not using certain terms in posts…. Such as “ketamine”. You have to use an abbreviation or substitute symbols for letters so that FB wont shut the group down. The group has a list of words to avoid and the moderators are very strict about asking people to edit or delete posts with these terms. They do this only because they want to ensure the group doesn’t get shut down. I think this group has helped a lot of people.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I joined :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! The great thing is I get a lot of support here!

2 Likes

I quit FB & Instagram over a year ago and deleted my account. I don’t want to be the product somebody sells. Nor do I want to support FB in any way. The first few months were difficult but I don’t even think about it any more.

3 Likes

Nice! I am using it way less! We use it for Car Club stuff and Music. It’s OK for that.

I was attacked and administration of the PTSD support group called me irresponsible and reckless because I posted about my treatment because I was so happy it worked for me i wanted to share it!!! Thwn BAMM!! I was hurt at first but after i thought about it …I post things like…WANT FREEDOM BACK ask me how!!! :rofl::sweat_smile::joy::rofl: they hate me!! I love it!!

2 Likes

We will support you here Arlene!

1 Like