Fibromyalgia pain relief

Hello! I just had a quick question. I have chronic pain and ptsd. For those that are using ketamine infusion for both. Has your physical pain gotten better? If so how long did it take to feel the difference, and how long does the relief last?

3 Likes

I too suffer the same symptoms as well as depression anxiety and malaise flu like fatigue- I had 6 infusions, unfortunately it did not help at only - in fact it exhasberated everything. I’m trying lozenges now with better effects. Good luck stay strong

1 Like

How did you do? I don’t have fibromyalgia but I do have chronic pain, PTSD, Treatment Resistant Depression, 10 year old Traumatic Brain Injury. It would help me to know how you did. I am hoping for you that it worked well. Thank you

1 Like

I have chronic leg pain along with my CPTSD and treatment resistant MDD. When I was going through my 6 infusion series it was really great because my legs didn’t ache! I didn’t have any back spasms either - which are caused by stress.

According to my neighbor anesthesiologist, ketamine is great for pain/inflammation (makes sense…that’s what they use it for!). Plus they put some toradol in my drip (I’m guessing to prevent headache but it’s also a pain reliever). So it was a really nice side effect for me to ache less than usual.

I would be strongly tempted to do treatment for the chronic pain. Now that I am just on the occasional booster (4-6 weeks hopefully to start stretching out further in 2022) I don’t have the lasting antinflammatory effects. Boo. But I don’t want to use any more ketamine than necessary, and I can cope with the perpetual ache thus far. I’ve had it all my life.

1 Like

I’m feeling less pain after my 3rd infusion…my depression is moderate but my pain was really getting to me. Fibromyalgia pain has gotten better!!!

4 Likes

I just had my 3rd of 4 infusions for fibromyalgia and chronic intractable migraines. So far my pan feels better but I wont know for sure till the sedation effects wear off. I’ve had 2 hours each day. And it makes me very tired all day. I hope you all are doing well and your treatments are very beneficial and long lasting.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that the lasting effects for pain did not happen. I am sure you have tried everything like I have for pain. I am tired of surgeries. No good options right now either.

2 Likes

I’m lucky that it’s usually more of an annoyance than a hindrance. I have yet to find a working diagnosis for the perpetual ache but it’s usually bearable. But I did have my fingers crossed that it would be eliminated as a bonus side effect! Oh well. But thanks for your kind thoughts and words- I hope you find a solution or at least a better outcome.

1 Like

Shepherdess I wanted to follow up. Since I last wrote I am having significant pain relief in my worst pain areas where there is some hardware failure causing what was debilitating pain. I am trying to be carful so it lasts. Anything new on your pain experience?

1 Like

As of now I can report to you that my pain is much better. Not gone but significant improvement. I am being careful though. I hope yours is better as well. Also PTSD sx minimal now. Hope that helps you know what to do and what is possible. It has not been that long though. But here’s hoping we can both report relief well into the future.

2 Likes

@Booker I’m so glad to hear you are feeling pain relief! I definitely felt some benefit when my infusions were in a series but now that I’m on boosters I don’t notice much of a difference. Thankfully mine is usually a constant dull ache and bearable. I’m trying vibrational therapy and similar to see if it helps. This time of year is not fun because of the constant pressure fluctuations - the weather makes me ache much worse. If I say it is going to rain, it’s going to rain! :blush:. Luckily a good hot bath and naproxen helps a lot.

2 Likes