First Booster

I’m going to my first booster this Saturday. I’ve been tracking my mood and after my first six treatments, I was at a 8-9 and now I’m at a 5-6 after 25 days. Hoping to lengthen these out over time, but I don’t want my mood to drop much lower and they recommended 30 days for the first one. Hopeful it’s as effective as the first six. When I started those, I was at a 2 and beginning suicidality. The first six were a miracle. We’ll see…

2 Likes

Hi! I am in exactly the same situation. Started treatment Nov 1st, had session of 6 infusions. Great success, my anxiety disappeared after 2nd session.
I am scheduled for my 1st booster tomorrow, and I can tell I need it. I didn’t want to feel this level of need, but it isn’t uncommon. I was also a 2 and verging on ending it all prior to treatment. I was a 7-8 for few weeks, then it went 6-7. Today I can’t claim higher than a 6. That’s ok. Still FAR better than a 2. Insurance doesn’t cover my treatment, so I’m out of pocket for each booster. I’m hoping I can average 1 booster every 3-4 months. Hoping. Praying. I hope the booster gets you back to a higher mood rating quickly! Sending warm thoughts and best wishes!

2 Likes

@lala9974 Thanks. I hope your treatment is successful too.

2 Likes

Greetings and hallucinations!

Humor aside, welcome, and I wish you strength. Luck is too fickle. Nice to have, but fickle. Be strong!

I got started around 2 years ago…I loose track. I am getting a booster Sat., which, I think is #9. I loose track.

Regardless, I have appreciated every difficult moment in the process. It has made such a difference. As far as number scores go, I typically go for 6, +/-. Even when I have been feeling suicidal for a week, I still only score myself at 4. I think 3, once. For me, it isn’t so intense, it just never goes away.

After a booster, I will rate myself at 7 - 9 for about 3 months. It drops off the further away I get, plus there is a seasonal aspect to mine. But, It Works.

2 Likes

I had the first booster yesterday. It was not as great an experience as I’ve had in the past. We think my tolerance grew during the first six and the dose wasn’t quite high enough so next month we’re going up .1mg/kg on the next infusion. Usually, the trip is pretty deep. This was not. Unlike going under the surface of the water, this was more like skimming the surface. I know the trip is the gravy as some like to put it, but I feel better after a deeper trip. I am feeling better by a couple of points. I’m interested to see how this sustains gif 30 days.

1 Like

What dosage did they have you at? A .1 mg increase seems pretty meager. When I felt that way they increased me by .5 mg/kg. It was actually just a little much, so the next visit I had them cut it back slightly.

1 Like

My first booster kind of went the same way. I didn’t have the enjoyable experience during my infusion. I just couldn’t seem to let go for some reason… it’s been exactly a month since and I’m still feeling pretty good. My pain is starting to creep back but my head is in a good space. It may be a let down to not experience the “fun” part but the ketamine is still doing its work, just have to remember to work with it. I’m going in Tuesday to do a dosage consultation for a nasal spray. Hoping to space out boosters and keep my pain in check, as well as save me some money. We’ll see how that goes.

2 Likes

We started at .6 mg/kg and moved up to 1.0 mg/kg by the end of the 6 infusions. This is what I did yesterday. I did 1.2 mg/kg at one point, but it was too much. I’m a good bit overweight and while they typically do it based on ideal weight based on sex and height (according to the clinic), they do mine based on actual weight because it was way too low in the beginning. I think my total dose yesterday was 120 mg. I could be wrong.

1 Like

I think I was at 1.0 mg/kg with a 0.1 mg bolus last time, so we’re close to the same dosage. I may ask them to increase it slightly this week.

It’s coming up on 4 weeks since that booster. Even though the experience was not as great as others, I’ve actually felt great since. I even got through the holidays and was happy which I haven’t been in years. Looking forward to the next booster this weekend. Then, if I feel this good, I’m going to try to extend a week or two.

1 Like