Has anyone had experience with both infusions and the nasal spray?

How do the effects differ?

I’ve done infusions and used compounded ketamine nasal spray (different than esketamine (spelling?) nasal spray you do in a dr office). The nasal spray has a much lower bioavailability than iv so the experience is a lot less intense. I tried nasal spray instead of lozenges/troches but the lozenges were easier for me and seem to have a better effect.

2 Likes

Got it, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply! Did you prefer the lozenges to the infusions?

I had ketamine as an anesthetic after surgery and experienced complete remission of depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation. That effect remained for a few weeks.

I am now trying nasal ketamine (generic, not esketamine) and it helps with depression but the effect isn’t nearly as strong as the IV was for surgery (and it’s certainly a much smaller dose, too).

1 Like

Yes. Ive done IV infusion, Spravato (nasal spray) and a compounded nasal spray. The Spravato is initially intense because for me the nasal spray gets into my bloodstream pretty quickly. Within 10 minutes i feel the effect. The compounded nasal spray did absolutely nothing for me. No effect at all…The IV infusion gives me more of a psychedelic experience (i typically feel like I am floating in outer space like an astronaut and have kind of an out of body experience). It came on slower for me. Maybe 20-25 min i started to feel the impact. Its definitely more intense as far as how long it lasts…- around half an hour overall. The Spravato hit me much faster but i didn’t get the same psychedelic experience as with infusion treatment and it didn’t last as long.

Infusion is the best. Lozenges help to maintain the effects of the infusion. I have not tried the nasal spray!

1 Like