Healing emotional trauma

Ketamine helped a lot to reset my brain. It’s been three months since my last infusion (had 7 initially) and I am slipping back into my crazy brain, anxiety, fear and depression. I have memories of betrayal trauma experiences that loop around in my brain and I can’t make them feel OK. I guess I am not processing them correctly? Has anyone found any solution for this? I have tried EMDR, counseling , Journaling, writing the experiences on paper and burning them and meditation without much progress. I really don’t want to feel this way for the rest of my life, I used to be such a happy person I would love to feel safe and happy again.

2 Likes

@Shawnamohana, it’s generally accepted that boosters are necessary at a month or so for people just out of their initial series. Not everyone can swing that, unfortunately. Some clinics offer troches or tablets for at-home use to stretch out the interval, but not all clinics do so. If you let it go too long, sometimes they’ll want you to do a series again. The bottom line is that it’s all about how YOU feel, and what your particular situation will permit. Sometimes, there are no good answers. Good luck to you. :pray:

2 Likes