Hopeful

My husband has cancer and I’m having a very bad time with it. Stress and fear and pain have overwhelmed me. I sure hope this helps. I just don’t know how to pay for it. I’ll try and sell my saddle again.

2 Likes

Welcome, Kelly. It’s truly a shame that this proven therapy has not become more widely accepted and therefore covered by insurance. In any case, this is a great group here and I’m sure you’ll be supported as best we’re able.

5 Likes

Welcome Kellyrae!!! I’m not sure you have heard of Spravato but most insurances are now covering. I’ve heard it is not as effective as the infusions, but I’m getting set up to try it.

4 Likes

Much love and healing to you and your husband. That must be so hard!

2 Likes

I have been pre-approved by Humana to have my injections paid for; but they are fighting me on it. The only bad part of this experience is the money. If insurance companies would pay for this treatment it would save a ton of money in the long run. I am not sure they want a medication that actually heals people. Western medicine usually seems to be the Band-Aid. Ketamine has been a miracle in my life. I want as many people that are hurting, as possible, to receive this treatment. I can’t imagine going back to the way things used to feel.

5 Likes

AMEN Savethebeetle!!! Just pisses me off…sorry!!!

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your husband. They do have Spravato or Esketamine that is a nasal spray that is FDA approved and should be at least partially covered through your insurance.

4 Likes

I am wondering if you may be able to find a clinic that works on a sliding scale.

2 Likes

My clinic offers a discount to veterans.

1 Like