How long after your 6 iv treatments did you feel you needed a booster

How long after the initial 6 IV treatments did you feel you were needing a booster.

1 Like

I had TRD and didn’t start responding to the infusions until later during the initial 6 IV treatments, so I had a 7th infusion 2 days later. I then had a booster every 4 weeks for infusions 8-10, but after only 3 weeks for infusion 11 maybe due to adjusting to shelter in place.

1 Like

it has been sixteen days since my last Ketamine IV. I had a series of 6 treatments.

i feel i could benefit from another two boosters next week and see how i feel.

1 Like

Didn’t feel any affect until after the 3rd treatment . Have not felt the need for a ‘booster’ since the 6th treatment a year and a half ago … so far, I feel ‘cured’ … but am always anxious that a relapse can occur at any time …

4 Likes

Six weeks.

1 Like

4 weeks

1 Like

3 weeks, although I can feel it gradually wearing off starting about 2.5 weeks after an infusion.

2 Likes

That’s amazing! I’m happy that it worked so well for you!

2 Likes

Hi- I had a booster last Monday. It has helped some but I feel I could use another one. To expensive. He did order me the sub-lingual but I am not sure if they work. I just am picking them up today. So after my initial 6 infusions, it was about 9 weeks I was okay. It was life-changing for me - now if it would just last longer.

2 Likes

It took me about a month and a half or so. I felt “cured”. That was in January pre-COVID. Since then I’ve started scheduling once a month and troches twice a week if I can make time. Who knows how I would feel if COVID hadn’t happened. I think most “normal” people are struggling with anxiety and depression. I think it’s a positive I’m doing somewhat okay with all of this going on. I don’t have cable anymore and rarely watch the news. That had helped tremendously.

2 Likes

Covid has made it very hard on everyone. Keep that in mind if you have a bad day. Folks that don’t struggle at all are having issues because of the stress we are all being exposed to.

Oh, wow… I had to return after a week… And then again 2 weeks later. Then lozenges were suggested for between infusions to see if it helps keep the effect. Those haven’t arrived yet. I hope they help.

3 Likes

KetKat I hope the sublingual work for you. I do not seem to find they make a difference. I would like to try a couple more infusions to get back where was after the initial 6. I was stupid and took myself off my Cymbalta and I think that set me back. The problem is the money - crazy $450 for
each booster.

1 Like

Omg yea, the price is crazy expensive. I heard some meds minimize the K effect, like benzos or something. Not sure if Cymbalta falls in that category. I stopped all meds in Jan cuz they kept doing wierd things to my body. K is the only thing not to do that. If u stopped for similar reasons I dont blame you at all. Might just need to try a K booster when u next can and see how it is by itself. It works well for me but I am in a toxic environment and that’s why I have so many setbacks :cry:
I wish I could have taken a vacation or been at an inpatient facility for my initials. Toxic environments really impact the ability to heal.

2 Likes

About a month.

2 Likes

1 month give or take a week.

1 Like

Oral helps. It does not take the place of the infusion. It definitely supplements it!

2 Likes

How much do the lozenges or sprays help anyone? I have a spray and I don’t feel the sprays work anywhere near as well as the infusion.

I’ve had 6 infusions, and I tried the spray three times so far.

Not sure when or if I’ll get a booster but yeah a wee expensive. :confused:

1 Like

The oral ketamine only helps to supplement infusions. I believe everyone is different so no need to get another infusion until you feel you need one. It is expensive. I remind myself that it is an investment in ME!

3 Likes