How Many Sessions Are Needed?

I had such high hopes but I’m feeling no better a few days after my sixth treatment. Might it kick in later, in a week, a few weeks? Might one more treatment with three injections at a higher dose work?

2 Likes

Where were you on your mood scale when you started your treatments? Where do you think you are on the scale right now?

2 Likes

Have you felt this way with all six treatments, or are you saying that you feel like you’re back where you started after the sixth treatment? I had major up and downs throughout the six treatments. Although some of it was intense and uncomfortable, I feel like they were generally positive on my life. I didn’t have any coaching or integration so I kind of just took it on myself to write everything I was feeling down. A few days after my sixth treatment. I felt like I wasn’t any better than when I began, just exhausted. I started reading thru all of the stuff I had written down. All of the feelings, memories, songs, thoughts or phrases that just came into me head that I just had to write down at the time. Reading through my journal and actually seeing how much effort and work I put into this treatment gave me hope again. I don’t know if this helps at all. That was my first session of treatments. I’m starting an assisted treatment plan tomorrow. So as far as how many, I don’t think any of us know. I’m starting my seventh tomorrow… I have hope though and that is something I didn’t have before my first treatment. Time takes time. Be easy on yourself. Look for the beauty in the world, there’s a ton of it out there, sometimes you have to shift and rotate to shine; seeing thing from a different perspective only makes you stronger, my light is love, we are all right here; we are alright here, time to shine; be radiant, we are one; we are everything; we are energy; together we are radiant; we are love, be patient, let the solutions come to you; don’t force it, there are no coincidences, only love. Those are some of my “thoughts” I was compelled to write down. I haven’t shared them with anyone but my wife but they help me when I’m feeling like I’m going to spiral. Maybe one of them will help you. We are all here for you.

2 Likes

I feel just as I did before I began. I had a lot of hope and went into it being so positive, but nothing changed.

Thanks for all your encouragement and kind words. I went into this with such hope and positivity, but I never felt any better after any of the treatments. I remained positive and hopeful right up through the sixth one. I journal and I meditate as well, but I’m feeling pretty discouraged now. They told me I might want to do one more session with three injections, like the sixth one with an increased dosage. I don’t know what to do at the moment. I didn’t have any bad experiences in any of the treatments, but I was exhausted afterwards. Then of course, there’s the cost to consider, although that is definitely not my biggest concern. If I could get some noticeable relief from my many years of depression, it would of course be well worth it.

3 Likes

In my case, I felt a significant change in my mood once the dosage was adjusted to the highest the anesthesiologist though appropriate for my weight and response to prior dosage. I truly believe the strongest the dosage you can tolerate the more chances for a break through to happen. Also the way the Ketamine is being administered plays a big role, including the speed of the drip for the infusion. I haven’t tried anything else to give you a proper opinion.
Anyway, ask your provider to increase your dosage, being that exhausted make me think you are fighting your mind while under.

2 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate your input.

I would say, if you have the means for another treatment, definitely do it. I was circling the drain a couple days ago and just knowing that I just have to wait until tomorrow to start this journey again gave me hope. It’s been over a month since my last treatment… maybe you just need a stronger dose? Maybe lower? I know that it seemed like some of my lower dose treatments is where I felt the most positive afterwards. That would be something to talk to the Dr about? I hope you find the relief you need. Until then, i think I can safely say that every single one of us is here for you!

1 Like

Absolutely and unequivocally contact your clinic and tell them that you’re not feeling better. The thing is, there’s no “normal” yet regarding ketamine therapy. What I mean is that each of us literally has a different dose, different cycle, different experience - and none of them are right or wrong

This was a HUGE stumbling block for me. I started this journey in April. I thought I was aiming for a goal of coming back for a booster a month after my first 6 infusions. That’s arbitrary - it turns out, I went back two weeks later twice a week and have gone back every 2 weeks since then, and was just advised to go once a week to “reset” to see about expanding those gaps between.

(Full disclosure: my insurance covers the infusions)

I tell you all of this because there’s no wrong or right, no typical or atypical. Give it a couple of days, and if you’re still not feeling better call and tell someone. They want to help. They want you to feel better.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, none of my treatment has been covered-it’s all been out of pocket. I commented to my wife about the amount of family resources I was consuming. She looked me in the eye and said, “It’s worth it.”

6 Likes

Many, many thanks. I so appreciate it!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ve pretty much decided I will go for another treatment.

3 Likes

Your wife is a wise woman and you are fortunate to have that support.

3 Likes

Indeed I am, kwild. Indeed I am.

1 Like

Wow do I identify with your mail. I’m scheduled for my 12th appointment this Thursday. Also on the 7th it will be just two weeks from the last infusion. I had ONE good day sine the 11th. Am I crazy or just hopeless and desperate.

It sounds to me like you are hopeFUL, not hopeless, and going for another session gives you the opportunity to continue on that path of hope. Keep that hopefulness. You might find results that offer others hope as well. Wishing you all the best.

3 Likes

Sounds like you’re listening to what you need and doing what you need to do. The clinic is there to help - trust that they won’t let you fall apart.

1 Like