Increase in dosage

Hi, guys have been a while since I have checked in. I have had my 3rd booster since my initial 6 infusions. This one was totally different & kind of scary. I had an increase in the dosage and it made a huge difference in the effect at the time. I really did not think I was going to come out of it. It was very intense. What is anyone’s thoughts about this experience being so different?

Sandi

3 Likes

All of my infusions have been slightly different in good ways mostly. I did have one experience that threw me into total panic. The reason for my reaction was that the drip was accidentally turned up. But mostly I am calm and relaxed.

1 Like

How much did they increase the dosage from the last one u had and do you know the dosage?

1 Like

My doctor also uses about twice the normal dosage for me because my metabolism seems to be drug resistant on just about everything. My experiences are extremely intense now - especially now that I take Tagamet before as I posted about. I use an eye mask and sometimes have to lift it and open and eye for a second to make sure I’m still on the planet.

3 Likes

Sounds like a win win to me buddy!!!

2 Likes

It totally is. Thanks for the reply. Have a great day.

3 Likes

I responded rather slowly to my initial infusions and have basically been increasing dosage since then. The last infusion I had was 90 mg and boy, was it trippy. Like Jay mentioned, I have to open my eyes every once in a while so it doesn’t get too intense, but even so, it can be overwhelming. I find it helpful when there are occasional noises in the room that I can put my attention on. It pulls my brain out of the ketamine flow, but if you don’t mind that being interrupted, it might be helpful to ask someone to make some noise or check in with you every so often.

2 Likes

I love the trippiest trips. :wink: my doc and PA told me I had a high tolerance; maybe that’s why?

Sometimes I feel like the ket trip is more “real” than reality. At the same time I realize I am in this to have my real reality be better. I think I have gone up in dosage and may continue to until I feel totally well.

2 Likes

I’ve had some scary ones. What type of music do you listen to? I recommend at the beginning to listen to music without words or if you do, you should make sure that they can’t be interpreted in a negative way. Only positive songs. I used to worry about not having control of my thoughts or what I might look like to my wife so I could not “let go”. I look at it like surfing. You need to try to let the music take you away. One day I just said f*** it, and let go of my inhibition and ego and relaxed. I remembered my breathing exercises from my headspace app. I had near death experiences especially since my blood pressure went up so I could hear the machine making noise and it freaked me out. Just remind yourself you will always come back, AND breathe. Breathing is the best thing you can do. Take some deep breathes and literally tell yourself “think positive” in your head. If you have someone with you tell them to keep an eye on you. Give them a thumbs down to change a song. Songs can take you down a bad path sometimes. I also recommend trying to do it first thing in the morning. Don’t look at your phone, watch TV, or talk to anyone except the person driving you. Avoid any negative topics. If you know of a happy song that you like tell them to change it to that song if you get into any trouble. My go to song if I’m literally lost in a k-hole or freaking out is a song by the Chemical Brothers called “Lost in a K Hole” it has so make different weird elements that it kind of recenters me. I feel that songs that aren’t fast, but have a lot going on are the best for me. It’s kind of confusing so you aren’t thinking or ruminating on one thought. Also touch helps. If someone grabs your hand and just says you are safe or you are okay. Honestly I feel when you let go is when you have the best lasting effects, you normally have an epiphany about seeing someone else’s point of view, or judging yourself less, it also helps remove any physical symptoms from anxiety or depression like a tense body or stomach. I know it can be scary, but what I also realized that I can relate to my own life outside of an infusion is you still have some control. If you go down a bad path change your mindset, music, open your eyes and go back in, or look to the right, left, up, or down with your eyes closed. Also certain colors make me feel at peace. Mine are light green, light blue, yellow, and white. I try to think those colors and they normally appear. I recommend not trying to wake up or open your eyes, just ride the music like a wave. Find a part of the music to focus on. If you have Spotify try “Ketamine initiation” playlist or kind is Ketamine voyage. I’ve added some stuff and need to play around with the order. I recommend looking at other people’s playlists and making your own. Think of where to place the songs. I think the order is important. Just remember wherever your mind takes you, if you can breathe you are still alive. Let that be your grounding. Do some deep breaths. Maybe even before you are completely under. Hope this helps. I’m curious to see how your next one is.

2 Likes

Two thumbs up fpeot!!!

2 Likes

What is your dosage? I was curious about upping my dose. It doesn’t seem to be as affective as it was. Then again I finished literally precovid. I felt great. This last year with COVID has been a struggle especially recently. I’m curious about your dosage. Did you notice a big difference when they increased it?

What was your dosage and did you feel an immediate change? I’ve been doing the 1.0 injection. I do one every 4-6 weeks. I feel like it’s lost some efficacy. I’ve also been experiencing negative trips on the 100-200 mg troches recently which I hadn’t in the past. The only change I Can think of is changing up my playlist.

I have had very positive sessions for my first 6. I was started out at 50mg and on my 6th session I was given 100mg and it was a trip! I still felt very relaxed the whole time. If you ever do feel you need to come out of it because it becomes to intense, your provider can infuse you with a blocker to get you back to reality quickly.

Welcome rwerth!!! Hello everyone OUT THERE!!! : )

I listen to meditation music, particularly Binary Beats for the mind on my Spotify. The music is designed to help your mind with emotion, happiness, serotonin release etc…feel it’s a great assist to the Ketamine infusions. Best if listened to with earbuds😁

I approach the experience very much like this too!