Infusion Effectiveness for Anxiety

Hi everyone,

I’ve been undergoing ketamine infusions for treatment resistant anxiety that had begun manifesting as severe depression.

I’m four infusions in and it’s been up and down, but overall my depression has improved significantly. My anxiety, however, has been as bad as ever.

I’ve been off work for almost three months, and the anxiety was the original reason I had to do so. I really need to get back soon, and I was hoping ketamine would provide some relief/resilience. I was told at my clinic that anxiety takes longer to treat, and I might not see a benefit until my entire 6 loading treatments are done.

Has anyone had success using ketamine for their anxiety? My dosage is fairly low 40mg/70kg male, and I have to do it over 90 minutes, because I dissociate very, very hard on even this dose.

Sorry for the long rambling, and I’m excited to be a part of this community.

5 Likes

In addition to my ketamine therapy I am using Xanax and CBD to combat anxiety. I think as you become less depressed you become more aware of your anxiety. I honestly believe this is part of the process. I have anxiety also.

2 Likes

Someone in the group mentioned something about the depression and the anxiety where like siting on a set of scales, when one goes down the other goes up. I’ve tried to research it and the only think I came up with (and this is my mere opinion) is that as the depression dissipates by increasing levels of energy and susceptibility to the surrounding that feeds the energy that the anxiety needs to activate, and get over stimulated creating the anxiety. I am guessing it takes a little bit of energy to move, talk and think super quickly, along with the hyperventilating, and the need to run as fast and far as possible. Again, I am just speculating. Sometimes I might experience a bit of social anxiety but I justified it because I really don’t like being around a large group of people I am not familiar with, therefore I avoid those conditions.
Sorry , I am no help with your particular inquiry. Best of luck in your road to get better.

2 Likes

I’m only a week into it and on my third going to my 4 infusion on Tuesday. I have terrible anxiety and so far I am fortunate to see a reduction in both. I have always been more on the social side of thing but that was to accommodate my lifestyle. Until I was married everyone I was around was broken on one level or another including myself. I do not feel the need to have many people around anymore just good people who want me to heal. Many times the people we surround ourselves with do not have our best interest at heart. They are not bad people just want someone to accompany them on their journey. No one is perfect and we all need to heal at some level because life can be difficult. Be with broken people that want you to heal and not just hang with them in misery. It’s true what they say, misery loves company. I think we can all lift each other up and still accept people for who they are and help them heal when they desire to do so.

3 Likes

I heard it is most effective on depression with some success treating anxiety. For me I think my anxiety goes hand in hand with my depression. That may be why I am getting relief from both. I would ask you provider some specific question concerning that.

3 Likes