Interrupted

Hi, today I had my last 2 hour infusion out of my initial 6 sessions. Most of it went beyond wonderful, but my playlist got interrupted and went silent at probably the best place I’ve been in all of them at the peak and I think I may have been in ego death, something I dreamed of happening. I opened my eyes to make the playlist start back up after touching all the wrong buttons and it switching me to a lecture, what I saw was disconcerting and I couldn’t get back to where I was and I couldn’t get my play list to start back and I got a headache. All I could say was something went wrong. I was so mad at myself because I’m still learning tools like next time, I will go on airplane mode and have all the playlist downloaded and maybe put the phone far away from me so I won’t be able to access it to mess up the icons. I went home and slept 3 hours and when I woke up I remember the two things that really upset me because I couldn’t understand how they were in MY consciousness. A relative that knows my history immediately recognized a different connection when I mentioned the words and immediately I realized it was all worth it. Maybe we need to make a list of things to do that have helped us and make a toolbox of recommendations for future experiences and new clients? Anybody else have a session interrupted, suggestions of what to do so I can hang with it in the future better?
Thanks

3 Likes

That sounds rough, but I’m glad you feel it was worth it. Sometimes things become clearer when we get another perspective.
I do just what you said - airplane mode and have the playlist downloaded. I do leave my phone in my hand so that I can adjust the volume easily, though.

3 Likes

There is a turn off notification button on my phone that is a godsend. Interruptions suck.

2 Likes

Definitely avoid interruptions. If you are interrupted don’t be afraid to tell someone you are busy.

1 Like

I don’t even like when the blood pressure cuff squeezes during the infusion…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I think that’s the first thing that I noticed when I am starting to come down from my infusion. My clinic provides a great quiet safe place. The monitoring machines do make a little bit of noise. Once the infusion starts to kick in I will either listen to a meditation on YouTube or my iPod with my favorite music.

1 Like

I don’t understand how anybody is able to even touch their phone unless I’m just different because I can’t move at all I remember after one of the experiences my feet were crossed and I want it so badly to them cross my feet and I couldn’t do it. How do you make yourself aware to move I am in such a trip in my head and I feel like I am being squished. I have a friend who says she sees a difference but I’m not feeling so great

1 Like

Another thing that might help is to prepare my mindset beforehand and remove any strong expectations like I have to achieve this, I must fix that, etc… When I had interruptions like this, I’d try to tell myself that it doesn’t matter and just let it be, since whatever happens is meant to happen and maybe there’s a perfect reason for it to happen to me which I just don’t see it yet. Emotion may still come up when unexpected occurs especially during a session but usually they don’t last as long and sometimes would disappear before I even realize.

1 Like

Welcome YYu!!!

2 Likes

I took off my hoodie at my last ketamine session because I didn’t want that arm band squishing my arm.

Welcome! Just remember it’s your time. My intention is always just to feel better. I shared a meditation that I am having really good results with. I’ve been doing infusions once a month for over a year and my February infusion was one of the best I’ve ever had! The deeper I can go into my own mind it seems to relate to how much better I feel. I like it to be weird, and slightly disconnected. I love that out of body feeling with The Universe moving around you . On ketamine you can feel the ocean of motion that we live in ! I think our imaginations are a fascinating thing. I think of the coolest stuff when I am on ketamine. If the spirit world is anything like ketamine it’s going to be awesome! For so many years I have search for that happy place. I am finding it again. Nothing is perfect; but this medicine works better than anything I have ever tried in all my life. I was shot in the face when I was nine years old so it’s been a long journey.

3 Likes

I was mostly the same way. I had to work hard to do it, mostly just touching the screen. I won’t ever do that again. I’m paying someone to go with me next time to handle it for me if necessary. Like others I can’t even stand the bp cuff.

1 Like

It is the best thing I’ve ever done as well and the Spiritual-WOW-just wow.

2 Likes

In my last session my doctor had to put my headphones on and press the right button on the phone. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.

1 Like

So spiritual! I love it. God is more accessible on ketamine.

1 Like