Ketamine- consistently inconsistent

I have never had the same experience on Ketamine. It’s always different, and sometimes it’s not great. I take 100-200 mg of troches twice a week plus an infusion about every 4-6 weeks. I had a stretch of pretty good mood considering the pandemic, but now I’m back down again. Just did troches today. I’m hoping it will stick. I refuse to go back on anti depressants, but I’m struggling a little bit. Does everyone experience some great outcomes and some not so great?

4 Likes

My experience with Ketamine Infusions and the use of Troches varies up and down, but given the fact that I never knew what it was like to be up at all, I am happy with my results.

4 Likes

I was just wondering if anyone has tried Spravato, and if so, how did that work for you?

2 Likes

It’s never the same. Sometimes it is really good. Sometimes you wish you could go deep and don’t. Talk to your ketamine doctor about your dosages, and what feels really good. A slight adjustment Is sometimes necessary. You do developed a slight tolerance to Ketamine from it’s use. Sometimes the dose needs to be increased ever so slightly. There are other things like drip speed and stuff, that other patients in here know about. Best of luck! We all just want to help each other!

4 Likes

Im curious about people’s doses. I’ve done the 100mg for infusions since they beginning. With the exception of my first 3 which were half that. My troches are 100 mg and i take two at home. I was wondering if they ever go up in drip dose. I know it’s determined by weight and I’m 6’2 240 pounds. I was curious especially after the last time. Something apparently happened with the drip and I was sitting for over 30 minutes and nothing. Once they fixed it, it kind of messed me up because I kind of mentally prepare myself around the timing.

It varies for me as well. My twice-weekly infusions were 50-60 mg, my first 6wk followup dose is scheduled for March 9 at I hope a higher dosage. I’ve been taking 2 100 mg troches per week, but feel I need to up it to 4 (2 at each sitting) because I have a high tolerance for everything and am on the fence about the efficacy of troches. Some days are better than others, which is a vast improvement over daily suicidal ideation.

3 Likes

There are different troches you May want to see if there are options. We used to get them locally, but a lot of people complained about the taste and efficacy. It took forever to dissolve. The ones we have now are from Texas and much better. They dissolve well. I heard from someone else to leave it in your mouth as long as you can because you won’t absorb as much in your stomach. I leave mine in under or on my tongue for at least 30 minutes then slowly take small swallows. It works. Way better than before.

1 Like

That s*cks fpeot…hope they didn’t charge for the treatment!!! Jim

Welcome Ppical…

I started lower, but I’ve been sitting pretty on 100mg for about a year now. That seems to be my target dose, and hasn’t diminished much in efficacy. I haven’t gone in to the clinic though since the beginning of Covid, because I can’t afford risking infecting one of my parents. The difference in function and mood is remarkable…I really need to start going again, but will likely wait until I’m vaccinated.

1 Like

Definitely keep it in your mouth and let it dissolve completely.

1 Like

I would definitely each infusion is slight different. My hypothesis for reasons about this mainly has to do with substances which may affect/alter the infustion. example: I tried Lion’s Mane capsules (a type of mushroom that’s supposed to help cognition), they were like narcan for ketamine. I almost couldn’t get “launch” even though they kept added some. I found a research paper which indicated median time after infusion started going south after 18 days. I think most of us here shoot for 1 month or thereabouts. In my case due to the high cost.
I’ve had some sessions that hit it out of the park, and others which were barely there.
I hear ya on the antidepressants. The side effects are unacceptable. I don’t know how I used them for so long. I tout getting off them as one of the major YUGE benefits of ketamine.

2 Likes

I’m bad enough I’m on lozenges 3 times a day and infusions twice a week. This pattern has so far kept me the most stable…