Ketamine studies

Has anyone heard of any Ketamine studies? I would like to be a part of them. I feel like they need the input of people getting treatment to see what works best. I like my clinic, but I feel like I know more about certain things than they do because I’ve done it. I feel like music is a big part of it and I’m curious if any studies have been done by giving test subjects different playlists to see if certain types of music have better or worse efficacy. I feel like if you don’t get the dissociative affect, to some extent, that it doesn’t work as well or can potentially cause more anxiety. It would be nice if the clinic gave you a better idea what to expect and how to get out of a bad trip.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether the psychedelic trip or the actual medicine gives you the best results? When I have a trip I normally get a different perspective on issues in my past or present that I discuss with my therapist. I feel like taking Ketamine is like a self evaluation/therapy with yourself, BUT your preconceived thoughts of yourself are gone and you judge yourself like a truly unbiased third party. It has helped me put things in perspective and try not to be so hard on myself. Does anyone have a similar experience? What is your experience like, and how do you think it has helped you? I’m curious about other patients experiences. We have a group that meets on Zoom, and some people say they have never “tripped.” I remember when I first started I almost quit because it wasn’t working mainly because I couldn’t relax and felt overwhelmed by the medicine. When I finally just said f*** it, and let it take me wherever it wanted to, I started feeling results.

3 Likes

I believe it is both the psychedelic experience and the physical repair of neural pathways; or the creation of new ones that is helping us. I feel the best after I am able to go deep during my infusion. After the infusion I feel like I’ve been on a vacation. I hope that helps answer your question.

2 Likes

A vacation from the hell that we suffer, right SavetheVW? For me it’s a happiness that I’ve never felt before…makes me teary eyed just thinking about it. :pray::pray:

3 Likes

I find the experience to be very spiritual. A miracle in my life.

3 Likes

I feel free. Like I can breathe for the first time.

2 Likes

SO happy for you Savethe beetle & fpeot1!!!

1 Like