Medicare

I am desperate for help. I am diagnosed SMI with TRD. I was accepted into a Spravato program here in Phoenix, AZ but the copay for medication is over $1000/week. My disability income is $1565 a month. I can’t begin to pay for it and the clinic will not prescribe at-home treatments. I have not wanted to kill myself particularly but the idea comes to me more frequently these days. How can I get at-home treatment? I can’t afford IV or IM. I was diagnosed at 23 and still suffer TRD at the age of 64. I don’t think I have a lot of time left as I also suffer severe back problems and am unable to walk by the end of the day. This really enhances my depression. Can you help?

• List item

HI @Jexcon, I’m sorry to hear that you are dealing with a very tough situation. Sounds really hard and I hope you find a good solution. Here for you if there’s anything I can do.

I think you should be able to find a clinic that is willing to give you at-home treatment with lozenges/troches. This will decrease the cost by a ton. I am not familiar with Phoenix but there’s a directory on this community that might have some info on clinics that do oral treatments? Given the new covid rules, clinics have more freedom to prescribe and use telemedicine. If there’s nothing in the Phoenix area it might be possible to find a clinic elsewhere in Arizona or even another state?

I might suggest calling all the clincis in Phoenix to start. Good luck Jexcon, please take care. We’re here for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just came across this. Hope all is well @Jexcon