Mindfold mask

Thanks to @Azskylady for the tip on the Mindfold mask. I thought that it made a significant difference and was glad I had it.

This was in the headphones, and perfect it was… https://heartsofspacerecords.bandcamp.com/album/novus-magnificat

5 Likes

So glad you found them useful. I rarely close my eyes. The mask is like a movie screen to me. I generally only close my eyes when I’m trying to shift my brain because I’m stuck.

4 Likes

I’ve been spending some idle thought time on this question, as to why the experience would be different with this mask as opposed to any other. The conclusion I’ve reached is that because this mask allows the user to have their eyes open, the things that someone normally sees on the inner screen of the mind are now seen with completely open eyes, and are therefore accepted by the brain as being real. It really does change the experience.

3 Likes

That’s an excellent point. I find myself blinking sometimes with my mask on just to see if the scenery actually changes…and am amazed all over again when it doesn’t. I’m not using this actual mask but a different one that allows me to open my eyes. But I ordered one to see if it’s any better - could use slightly deeper eye holes and better light blocking. The one I currently use kinda looks like a bra. :grin:

2 Likes

So it appears that I’m behind the curve here. Everyone knows about it but me. What’s with that?? :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

The light blocking is total. I’d be amazed if you didn’t see an improvement.

1 Like

Good way to look at it. It truly is like a big screen and my visions are seen with my eyes wide open. Funny at times my eyes shift right and left almost like am I really seeing this? There were times where I would freak out and have to raise them up, but have not for some time.

It’s nice to hear your perspective. For 2 years I had infusions in a different manner. I have accomplished more in 6 months than those 2 years, even dealing with the grief process of losing my son. It’s still hard, but I know that he is with me during them. I tried and tried to get him to do Ketamine for many reasons. Now I breathe for 2 & I’m doing this for both of us.

4 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Mindfold mask:

Oops, accidentally posted this in the wrong place the first time, but…
Just wanted to update with my opinion of the Mindfold eye coverings - I agree that they are great. This was my first infusing using them - have been using a different eye covering that worked fine but not as well. I really appreciated the depth of the eye openings in the Mindfold - even wearing mascara I did not feel eyelashes brushing against the cover. They did an outstanding job of blocking all light. My only “complaint” would be that in the best position to block out light around my nose they did seem to slightly compress my nasal passage. But hey, I have a relatively large nose so nothing is perfect.

2 Likes

Actually, I didn’t mention it but I did a little surgery on mine. The eye openings seemed a little high so I took a pair of very sharp embroidery scissors and trimmed the foam where it went around my nose to allow the mask to ride a little lower. It seems to have worked, although it requires slightly more tension on the strap to get it to seal properly against my face. In any case, it rides lower and it works.

1 Like

Sojo- I thought everyone was using the mask until I read other folks experiences on here. Go figure!?!

ps- Once again, excellent music suggestion.
Peace!

1 Like

Did you try Novus Magnificat? Constance Demby is excellent for an infusion.

1 Like

I listened to it with a troche. My next infusion is at the end of the month. Really wonderful.
The hearts of space site is a great resource. Thanks again!

1 Like