Moderation and vetting of information in posts

I think an improvement to Osmind community would be if we had some professional moderation of posts in conjunction with specialty flags for each post which would indicate whether a post is:
1 - opinion/personal experience, 2 - generally true as seen by doctors or our clinicians, and 3 - generally unsupported and possibly dangerous. (ex. curing with clorox enemas, crystals, essential oils, etc.)

Right now this place feels a little bit like the early days of the internet. More wheat than chaff. But I can see how as our numbers grow it might get ugly like most social media.

What’s dangerous about crystals and essential oils? I use those. I wear lots of crystals, especially on infusion days and I use astral travel oil those days too.

2 Likes

Btw, if it started to get ugly on here I would be devastated. This place has so far been a haven of kind people. Everyone fine with different approaches to healing etc. And no one putting down others. If it becomes as other social media I will likely abandon it :sob:

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback @umalmahay-Utah and @KetKat!!! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed your experience so far. We will definitely keep an eye out on moderating per your suggestions :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ooh!!! Hi!!! Wil there be more AMAs?

Hi @KetKat so nice to meet you!! :))

yes! we have more scheduled for january - can’t wait to tell you about them!

2 Likes

U guys r so cool!!!

1 Like

you’re too sweet :slight_smile: love your questions and helpful feedback on here, i’m learning a lot from you!

1 Like

Then it’s an even exchange :slight_smile:
I’m just sponging up info wherever I can find it. What u guys have done here is quite revolutionary given the topic and professionalism and creating space for all to discuss and learn. It’s hugely beneficial :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

4 Likes

I would hope anybody who has depression/anxiety would be exceptionally kind to others in the same boat.

5 Likes

That’s probably the common thread here - all of us are broken, or we wouldn’t be here.

Incidentally, I just finished this:

Not as good in my perception as Wizard of the Upper Amazon, but insightful nonetheless. I find it criminal that the political neanderthals feel justified in withholding this from those of us that could very much benefit.

4 Likes

I heard some good anecdotes about ayahuasca. Check out this more if interested. I’d love to hear from somebody who has tried it and how it affected their depression. Soul Quest Ayahuasca Church Of Mother Earth - Spiritual Retreat Center In Orlando (ayahuascachurches.org)

3 Likes

Yeah, the only way to circumvent the oppressive drug laws here is to join a “church” so it can be claimed to be a religious sacrament, like the Native Americans with peyote. With the relative costs, I think I’d rather go to Peru for a more authentic experience.

2 Likes

Sadly some ppl become hostile due to the stigma. Stigma of mental health, stigma of K, smh. I’ve not seen that here tho.

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned, artificial or not, they’re sacred medicines. Anything that can touch the minds eye in this way is profound indeed.

3 Likes

I like your thinking Sojourner!!! After Covid, I may consider there or Jamaica for Psilocybin…lets get a group rate. LOL Can u tell I had an infusion today?:crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m jealous. It’s been over three months for me. Too long, I’m afraid.

I went to Peru in 2016 for Ayahuasca ceremony, having 5 sacraments in 10 days with an amazing female Curandera. It was the most beautiful experience of my life thus far. I highly recommend it. Want to go back again and take some friends/family.

3 Likes

!!! Do tell…what retreat center did you go to, and what airport did you fly into? I’ve been looking into it, and it appears to be a pretty pricey proposition, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Her name is Maria Cristina Mendoza Vidal in Jaén, Peru. She might have a Facebook page( I’m not on FB) I was invited by my local Shaman that I work with so I’m not sure how to contact them formally. I don’t think they have a website. We had an intimate group of seven which was perfect. I paid $1400 for 10 nights which included meals and lodging on a beautiful hillside gated property in the mountains. We flew in to Lima, then flew north to Chiclayo where we spent two days staying with the Shaman Twins and having San Pedro ceremony ($300 meals n lodging). We then took a 6 hr. bus ride (luxury bus with big cushy recliner seats) east and over the mountains to Jaén. They were just finishing up an airport in Jaén at the time 2016 so I’m pretty sure you can fly in now. Stayed at Cristina’s retreat for 10 nights 5 ceremonies. We spent the days hiking mountain trails to hidden waterfalls and swimming in the pools. Magical. Bussed back to Chiclayo and spent one more night having ceremony and floral bath with the Shaman Twins, then flew back to Lima for one night. The 2.5 week trip cost me around $3000 in total (we found RT flights from SLC for $750). Google “Cristina Ayahuasca Jaén” and “the Shaman Twins” . There’s a book about the twins called “The Gift Of Life” by Bonnie Glass-Coffin.

2 Likes