More depressed than ever?

Hey, have any of you had treatment and after completing, still after a month, more depressed than ever in your life when you thought you were at rock bottom before the treatment? I’m so stuck and hopeless.

U might need more frequent boosters or supplement with lozenges or both. Right now I’m on lozenges 3 times a day and infusions every two weeks…

1 Like

Yes and you aren’t alone. Ketamine made my depression better for 6 months last year but then I got worse with every treatment I took after it stopped working. I took 12 initial infusions and 2 boosters during my 6 months of being well and after I crashed, I took 9 more infusions with the hope that eventually I’d get back to where I was - it never happened. I’m seeing more posts like yours these days than I did before I took the treatments. I do not plan to ever take a ketamine infusion again…they are still considered experimental therapy for depression and now I’m starting to see why. I hope you get better - listen to your body and save the heartache (and money) if the treatments are making you worse. If you ever need someone for support, email me and I’d be happy to share my experiences with you.

1 Like

Maybe you need to call the clinic where you get treatment and let them know that you are struggling. Perhaps they can add or remove something from your treatment for you to get better results.
I wish you strength and peace. :heart:

2 Likes

I just finished 6 infusions and feel worse than when I started. My provider wants me to try Spravato. I’m not sure it’s even worth trying.

Welcome Ivory…I would definitely talk to the clinic to get some feedback/suggestions. Hang in there…hugs.

2 Likes

Unfortunately ketamine might not work for u :sob:. I heard if u don’t respond to the initial series that it is likely not going to work at all.

One thing I’ve read about Spravato is that it is meant to be a supplement for treatment with pill medicines. I tried alot (I thought all) pill antidepressants until I finally started responding to Effexor. Now with that & a ketamine nasal spray I’m doing pretty well. Maybe someone being treated with ketamine (infusions, sprays, or whatever) should continue to look for more traditional methods to supplement the ketamine effects.

2 Likes

I am so sorry you feel that way. Fortunately I feel that it really helped me. I am not where I would really like to be but I’m definitely better than I was before I started treatments I’ve only had five treatments and keep on having a push off the sixth treatment because of other things getting in the way and the fact that I still feel pretty good especially when I look at the condition I was in before I started I just hope it sticks. I’m sorry it hasn’t worked for you but don’t give up. Have you tried TMS therapy? Do you talk to a psychologist? There are so many things that you can keep you stuck and you need to try to figure out what that is. Praying that you will find relief

2 Likes