Oh, Joy

1 hour to lift-off.

Not dreading it, but not exactly excited about it. It will be interesting too see what comes out of it, with the realization that yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of breaking both wrists. Probably just creating a tempest in a teacup.

Got up early enough to get a cup of coffee before going NPO.

Lots of things to think about and try to remember to ask…intentions, binaural beats, best practice for troches…

Time to collect the chewing gum for my mind. Up, up, and away!

5 Likes

May it bring you everything you seek.

2 Likes

Woo Hoo
I can see the ground now

3 Likes

This should be interesting. I still can’t focus and reality is a bit shimmery at the edges. But I will try to write

2 Likes

(This could run long)

Well, I thought I was going to do some running commentary, stream of…(?)unconsciousness. Didn’t work out that way.

All went well. Talked with the nurse practitioner about the questions I remembered to ask. They included an additional anti-nausea in the third IM injection (can’t remember which one, starts with an ‘F’, apparently common for migraines). It worked wonders. I was attempting to talk all the way home. It is always kind of like trying to talk after seeing the dentist (“flbubb…grnist…I mean, sstoychi…”), but no technicolor yawn. I got home, ate everything in the fridge, and proceeded to keep dozing off in my recliner (spilling lukewarm coffee in my lap) until I finally just went to bed and slept for 11 hours. Got up, ate everything in the house and kept dozing off until it was time to go to a friends birthday party (yes, on Halloween). Spent today trying to catch up on everything I needed to have done to start my work week tomorrow.

They confirmed what I was told here, that taking my troches when I go to bed shouldn’t be a problem, they should still do what they are supposed to. Just remember to stay hydrated so it all gets flushed out of the system.

I’m not sure why, but the shots seemed to hit me a little faster than usual, which made for an interesting experience. I was trying to decide what to listen to. I had spent the morning looking at binaural playlists, Buddhist chants, singing bowls, Brian Eno-Music for Airports…Sitting in the recliner at the clinic I realize if I don’t pick something soon, I won’t be able to.

I ended up fumbling a choice of something that has been a Spotify choice of listening at home, just in general. Hoo, boy!

Heilung. I wouldn’t recommend them for ketamine without a ‘dry-run’ first. To quote Wiki, 'Heilung describe their music as “amplified history from early medieval northern Europe”. ’ Iron age ‘instruments’ and imagery, runic lyrics…No religious or political agenda (see their statement that comes up on a google search quoted on the Brooklyn Vegan website). Up front, they can seem very dark, but with their stated agenda, tied to their name (“Healing” , in translation) it kind of seemed appropriate, after the fact. Much like I have described my ketamine experiences, not soothing, but quite cathartic. Not frightening, but then I can be more than a little strange. The little that I was aware of, seemed to fit with what was going on in my head. I suppose that it helps that I have listened to them several times before this. Can’t understand a thing they are saying, but then again, mid-ketamine, I can’t understand much of anything else, either. At least not on any rational level.

Taken as a whole; the booster, no puking, and cathartic iron-age Viking chanting, I think this latest round (Oh, yeah, only booster #6, they tell me. I can’t count) might be one of the best yet. Feeling a little better prepared to handle “the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune” (must be my Viking DNA tapping into the ancestors).

3 Likes