Piggybacking off of Deb’s feeling the crash/ sleep deprived

I too have sleeping issues at times, but mine usually come from anger because of my situation that provoked my depression and anxiety. I’ve noticed in many of these community topics some people have fear issues and some have self esteem issues and so on, but seems all have sleeping issues. I can screw up my sleeping before, during, and after a night of sleep because of that should’ve, could’ve, would’ve done different rabbit hole. It can literally wake me up in the middle of the night and I will be so pissed and depressed that I want the world to stop turning. It has a couple of times been so bad I didn’t sleep for a couple of days. I’ve had 13 infusions so far and thank god it’s helped tremendously. But I’m just wondering after reading a book which explains how memories work and how to change them based on scientific studies, can most of our sleeping disorders be changed just by changing memory issues alone? Has anybody seen a better sleep pattern the more they become comfortable and honest with talking about and acceptance of their issues? I believe I have because I haven’t had a two day sleepless episode since the beginning of infusions along with therapy, but it’s not completely gone away and it is always provoked by memories.

4 Likes

I am very glad to know I am not alone in the sleep issues. I think ketamine has helped and definitely I get to feel things that you don’t feel at all when you’re on antidepressants. Some anxiety is normal for a human. My brain does want to turn off. I wanted to add that taking troches on an empty stomach makes them more effective for sure ! Definitely try and take them on an empty stomach for maximum effect . We were talking about that in one of the other threads.

4 Likes