Positive

I feel like I should come on here and simply be very positive as I have had some major breakthroughs and improvements! With that said, I feel very lonely tonight. Overwhelmed with emotions many of which I don’t understand and causing a severe sense of hypervigilance. I know healing is not a linear process but this is such a struggle. Hoping that maybe just writing this will help. Thank you for listening.

8 Likes

@Deb you are not truly alone. You are an incredibly valuable part of this community. Thinking of you and praying that this is somehow “growing pains “ as you grow into your new, happier, healthier brain. Give your wonderful pups a cuddle for me. :heart:

2 Likes

@Shepherdess Thank you for your kind words. Holding the pups tight.:heart:

1 Like

@Deb You’re not alone. I’m here radiating love and positivity your way! I cried for the first time during a session today and have been flooded with emotions since I got home. I’m okay with it though. I feel like I need to love and nurture in order to truly love and nurture myself and shine my light. We are all in this together and I hope you feel the connection and love and positive comforting energy in knowing we all have your back. Thank you for your strength and courage 🫀

4 Likes

@Janderson79 I appreciate your loving energy. It is encouraging to hear you are flooded with emotions and are okay with it! That is my goal, to be able to simply sit with emotions and give myself space. Right now I feel split with an intellect that says feeling emotions is a positive thing. Releasing emotions is good for the soul.
Then I have a trauma brain that says severe consequences happen when you demonstrate any emotion and the hypervigilance sets in to be prepared for the blow.
As I am writing this I realise this is a safe site with support as typically I would never share these feelings with anyone other than my therapist. Thank you for responding, it is helping.

2 Likes

I feel this is a safe place as well. If it’s not, I really don’t care to be perfectly honest… all of this feeling stuff and sharing my feelings/thoughts is extremely new to me. I was also “shown” not to show or share my emotions. I’m sharing them now. If that helps bring a single person a little light, then it’s worth it for me. I mean, “what’s the best that can happen?”

3 Likes
1 Like

@Deb, I have sent you a couple of things to help you out, one song for your soul and one hilarious video for your mind. I hope you like them. We are here for you Deb.

1 Like

@Rafael oh my word, I laughed out loud at the Bloopers! Scared the dogs. :rofl: The song is beautiful, put it in my playlist. Thank you so much for taking time to post both clips. I appreciate it!

1 Like

@Shepherdess @Janderson79 @Rafael
Thank you all so much for the encouragement. It helps so much to know there are truly people that care and also understand on an experience level.

3 Likes

@Deb :heart: It’s hard not to feel isolated and alone going through this, even with loving friends and family. Your triumphs and struggles are both important to all of us - helps us all to feel less of that sense of isolation and more hope. You are safe, loved, valued, and respected. :heart:

3 Likes

@Shepherdess Thank you. Your post holds a lot of truth, especially around isolation. Hopefully I will be able to post a triumph soon. In the meantime, it feels so good to be valued.

3 Likes

@Deb, and remember

2 Likes

Thanks Rafael! :blush:

2 Likes

Praying for you, Deb, and I’m confident you are healing.

2 Likes

I think it’s part of the healing process. I experienced the exact same thing on several occasions. Just go with it. It will pass. I think all of us hear have experienced many emotions that were maybe not experienced in a while and it feels a lot foreign to us. I have done my 6 infusions and now I am feeling a bit strange but it’s a good strange. Not always positive but when I’m less then positive or sad I think it’s more normal and not the extremes I have been so familiar with. I’m more in the moment and feeling better. I think, and this is just my opinion, You are just becoming more self aware. It’s part of the process. Hang in there Deb. We’re all here for each other. Hess as long is a different and dome times difficult experience for all of us. You’re going to be ok

4 Likes

I know how you feel. Some of my biggest cheerleaders are my family. They do what they can but the will never get it 100% and I really hope they never do. That is where we come in. Your damaged friend. Be happy your family is going through what we are.

2 Likes

You are valued and you will post triumph. You can do this. It’s not easy but what has been for us. We’re all bad asses in our own rights

2 Likes

@William Thank you. I need to hang on to that confidence of knowing I am healing! Appreciate your post.

1 Like