Post-infusion Feeling

Does anyone else feel like all you want to do is sleep after an infusion? Is it better to try and stay awake?

1 Like

FWIW, I generally feel extremely drained after an infusion, but sleep is not possible for me. If I don’t take a tranquilizer the night of an infusion, I will sleep very little if at all. As always, YMMV.

2 Likes

I definitely feel exhausted after an infusion and will go to bed pretty early. The more infusions, the better it’s gotten, though.

3 Likes

You definitely need to relax on the day of your infusion. It’s a great time to do an audiobook or watch a movie. Relax, you deserve it! I feel tired also; but usually I don’t nap very often. After about two or three days is when I really notice if the infusion worked. I am getting a month of relief!

2 Likes

I got my third infusion today and can confirm agreement to your response. This is the first day that I have been able to function after the infusion and feel like the benefits of the treatment are finally starting to sustain. One possibility is that today I didn’t forget to caffeinate after my treatment. The first 2 times I forgot that I did not drink my usual coffee in the morning because I was not allowed to consume anything. But overall, I feel like it is because the treatment is starting to work. Thank you for your response.

2 Likes

Makes sense. Thank you for your response.

1 Like

I can confirm the same. After my third treatment today the experience is much different, and I feel like it’s starting to work and I don’t feel like crap. Thank you for your response.

2 Likes

That is fantastic! Glad you stuck with it!

1 Like

You said you weren’t allowed to consume anything prior to the treatment? My doc never said that, but I’ve had very variable effects. Did your doc say no food no caffeine?

In case it’s helpful - my clinic says no food within 6 hours and no liquids within 2 hours. Basically like any anesthesia. And my psych provider said no alcohol the day before due to the potential amplification of its depressive effects.

Yes I was told not eat any food the day of the infusion. Only water. I think they’re afraid of nausea, that is often associated with post infusion side effects, causing vomited

1 Like

I am not allowed to eat or drink basically 4 to 6 hours before. I can have a sip of water with my Celebrex and Flomax. That’s it. I am doing infusions. I don’t know if the protocol is different for intramuscular. You don’t want to throw up because on anesthesia you can aspirate material into your lungs. That’s the reason for the fasting. Safety.

1 Like