Reference for guide/ therapist?

My regular therapist has no experience with psychedelic assisted therapy and I’m wondering if I’m really missing out by not working more directly with my sessions! Anyone have a person they can recommend who does this well? Obviously in person sounds like a dream but it’s gonna have to be be zoom, just preparing and processing after.
PS I am well aware of the shortage of mental health professionals and don’t want to hear about that! (“What with COvid and these unprecedented times…. I got it!!!) Just if you can help me with a reference to look into, message me? Thanks.

1 Like

No answers, but I’ll hitchhike on any answers you get.

My regular therapist was semi-retired before the pandemic. Great, doing it outside of insurance because she was semi-retired and cared more about doing it than jumping through any hoops. But, that was 2 years ago…et cetera.

2 Likes

I get it, believe me. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have given up on therapists altogether

@Ruthie I am very fortunate to have an experienced therapist that does do in-person integration therapy. However, before I found her I was connected with the AIMS institute. I had an appointment to speak with an integration therapist. It is my understanding AIMS Institutes are in a variety of states. Might be worth looking into.

1 Like

Thank you! (Do you think you would ever want to be a guide yourself???)

@ Ruthie Honestly I have never thought about it. At this point in my life and career I am not sure I would have time to engage in the training necessary to become an effective guide.

1 Like

MAPS is a great resource

https://integration.maps.org/

1 Like