Smells during infusions?

On my second and third infusion I smelled ceremonial tobacco and smudging sage. Anyone have this experience and want to share thoughts?

2 Likes

No, but I wanted to include an olfactory experience during the infusion. They didn’t want me to light up anything tho. Things like that calm me.

1 Like

Do you have specific strong memories tied to those smells. I have really negative emotions tied to cigarettes and even burnt food. It can sometimes trigger a seizure. I can’t remember smelling anything in my infusions other than smelling/tasting the medicine as they inject it (very weird chemical taste).

1 Like

I have wanted to ask if I could burn incense. Perhaps a little patchouly oil under my nose might be nice. My girlfriend touched my hand during my last ketamine infusion. It was amazing how good it felt.

1 Like

I think anything we can do to add to the positivity of the experience perhaps would be beneficial!

No, I did not have any strong memories to those smells. They just showed up. I recognized them but have not wanted to do anything during my infusions. Touch, BP cuff, all interrupt and I don’t like interruptions. I had something to learn or reflect on afterwards and it was very interesting. Thanks for your comments.

2 Likes

How often do you suffer with seizures? That sounds scary.

The clinic I go to has diffusers that you can bring your own oils if you don’t like what they have there. They also have salt lamps and candle warmers. Maybe your clinic will let you do some of that stuff, if they don’t already do it?

2 Likes

It would be really nice to add aromatherapy to the equation.

2 Likes

Wow, u can taste if from the injection?? That’s fascinating! What is it like? I have lozenges supplement my infusion but they’re flavored. Someone else on here said they don’t like the flavors and were going to ask for theirs to be unflavored and that that tasted like salt.

Oooh! That’s cool! Maybe I should get a diffuser and bring it. I’m so used to using lit incense I did not think of that. I will ask. Thanks!

1 Like