Terrible experience on my 12th infusion possibly from taking Ritalin

This is My sixth booster. It did nothing but make me feel like I was in cement. No tripping, no seeing anything, just felt like I was in a blob. I never open my open my eyes during my sessions because it pauses my tripping. This time I kept opening my eyes to see what was wrong. I couldn’t see anything because everything was very blurry. When my session was over, I had double vision for about an hour and a half and I was extremely nauseous for about 3-4 hours after my session. I had to be taken to the car in a wheelchair. my sessions have been great except for this one. I have terrible ADHD that I take ritalin for. I’ve never taken it before my sessions until this one. Could the ritalin have been the problem? I took my afternoon dose of 20mg 30 minutes before my session. I’ve always skipped my afternoon dose. It was such a bad experience that I don’t want to do anymore of them if the ritalin wasn’t the problem. Please tell me someone else had had this problem.

2 Likes

@kdean I am so sorry, that sounds miserable! I have no experience with your situation however, from your description it sound like a direct correlation to me.
The only remote relation I can make is with the Paqunel I take for rheumatoid arthritis. I had been skipping the med before going in for a Ketamine session. My 3rd session I was not thinking and took the Paqunel just before I left for the appointment. It was the only time it took a couple doses of the nausea medicine before I could get my stomach settled down. Hope you are able to get some answers!

3 Likes

Sounds like a nasty experience, @kdean. I’m sorry you had to endure that.

I don’t use Ritalin, but FWIW I always seem to feel like I’ve been cast in concrete. It doesn’t affect the visual experience, however. If your other experiences have been okay and you think you’re getting results I’d hate to see you drop the therapy. Ketamine is a powerful drug, though, and it makes sense to me to avoid combining it with any other drugs without knowing exactly what the result will be.

3 Likes

Thank you

Thank you

@kdean I am sorry to hear about your experience as well. Although I am far from an expert, I do think your conclusion regarding the Ritalin is a likely culprit, is very likely on the money. I take nuvigil and my Ketamine Doc advised me to skip it (commenting that any stimulants were thought to interfere) on infusion day. At one point my infusions weren’t hitting home and after the fact realized that I had neglected to skip the nuvigil that day.

2 Likes