The dankest and rarest mental health services (+ free therapy!)

SO apparently Instagram’s advertising algorithm has gotten so good with me that most of its advertising is mental health-related lol. That means I have accrued way too much knowledge on the freshest mental health online services out there beyond BetterHelp and Talkspace. I keep suggesting some of these to people (because it helps me procrastinate from my own problems lol), so I might as well compile these into list.

Here we gooooo:

New mental health startups/limited-time offers

• Chat Owl One month of free chat therapy through Chat Owl!
    Their app kind of sucks because they’re still working out the kinks, but the therapy is legit and IT IS FREE THERAPY. That’s like the best kind of free. :o

• Wellnite
    They have four free mental health couching sessions during the COVID crisis. They also have one of the most affordable and convenient mental health services (though they only focus on vanilla depression and anxiety). I personally use this one and recommend it, especially if you know what antidepressant medication you need and just need someone to check in with you now and then.

Other online MH companies

• Brightside
    Quite a bit pricier than Wellnite, but they’re more personalized, which can especially important if you’re looking through medication that works for you!
  • Cerebral
    Basically like Wellnite and Brightside, but they also treat insomnia! :o
  • Done.
    Apparently getting ADHD treatment online can be super difficult! If you’re in need of it, there’s this service.

Online pharmacies

• Honeybee Health
    Super cheap meds, and you don’t need to interact with hoomans IRL!

Other cool stuff

• Mariposa Health
    FINALLY convenient transgender healthcare :weary:
    Only available in a few states, but rapidly expanding!

(BTW I was not paid or incentivized in any way to promote any of these companies. I just genuinely like info dumping mental health resources on people because I don’t have a life :joy:)

Currently planning on making this into a wiki, but I wanted to get y’alls input first! What’s your favorite online mental health service that no one seems to know about?

5 Likes

Oooo these are awesome resources–thank you for sharing!!!

1 Like

this is a great list!

You are precious! I am super new to the online therapies stuff, butt have wondered for years why there were no options. Even after finding sites like The Mighty & Sanvello, I didn’t realize there were options like this! Plus, your list means we don’t need to put on thigh high rubber boots to wade through the garbage apps.
Thanks.