What now

My husband passed away two weeks ago. What now I wonder. Don’t think I can afford any more treatment.

Sorry to hear that, Kelly Rae. Perhaps after a little time passes you’ll realize that your financial situation is better than you’d thought. For what it’s worth, I believe that you’re entitled to his SS benefit if his was higher than your own.

Good luck to you, and my condolences.

3 Likes

Sincere condolences to you for the loss of your husband. There are grief groups on facebook that can be very helpful when you’re feeling alone or struggling.
Your local hospital or community center may have group events that you could participate in.
Sometimes speaking to or being in the company of people that you don’t know very well-or even know, can be beneficial because there’s no judgement.
I wish you peace in your grief and comfort in your precious memories.:heart:

4 Likes

You can reach out to your Congress person for help in getting a special authorization with your insurance. It is taken me since October 2020, but I now I’m receiving 80% back on my infusions through Humana. This is not an easy thing to do,but it is so worth it. I’m so sorry for the loss of your husband. Big big hugs!

1 Like

My deepest condolences, Kelly. It’s been a very rough year and then this. Keep reaching out and hanging on.

2 Likes

Did you have to get a letter from your psychiatrist also? The one I’m seeing won’t write a letter to my insurance company because they say it’s not fda approved so they don’t want to be associated with it.

I don’t think I did. It was a letter from my ketamine doctor for Humana. They still manage to screw things up and not pay me. I think they do it on purpose.

From what I heard recently insurance is covering IM ketamine, but being more difficult about the infusions!

I will let you all know as I find out more. There is a different clinic in Denver that takes Medicaid supposedly. I am researching it. They do not do infusions. IM and troche there only.

Medicaid does not want to cover at home troches.